26

sorry for short chap, hope the content makes up for it!

Lucille

"Aren't they beautiful?" She exclaimed.

They finally stepped out of the tree line and gazed upon the never ending fields of purple. The breeze was warmer and sent tickles up the stalks of lavender as Lucille reached to pick the flower, holding it gently in her hand as she walked back toward his side.

"Very." He agreed.

But he wasn't looking at the flower nor the fields. He was looking. Quite fondly, at her. Lucille turned to look at him too. Almost instantly, a surge of confidence waved through her like a wild flower, and she found herself smiling slyly and asking Tommy a question.

"If I may be bold." She began, as she turned toward him fully, and he raised a brow in questioning. "I can see that you're staring."

He laughed at the fact that he had been caught. But Tommy shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly.

"A pretty sight deserves to be looked at." He said, causing her to blush.

"Now you are bold." Lucille said, her tone rather shy.

"Is that a problem?" Tommy asked her, and she glanced over, giving a shrug.

"I suppose it isn't." She said. "Though I hope you don't value me only for my appearance."

"You're too clever for that." He replied. "You taught me to read."

"I think it's benefited me more than you." She said honestly, earning a chuckle from him.

Lucille fell back, leaning against the soft grace. It was long enough to engulf her arms, tickling at her chin. Her dress was coated in sunlight, but her face bathed in the protection provided by the tree they sat under. She breathed out.

"I could fall asleep out here."

Lucille laughed as she felt the petal of a flower tickle at her cheek. She opened her eyes to see Tommy softly slipping a lavender stalk into her hair.
She complained, "It'll get stuck."

"It looks nice." He commented, and she raised her brow in surprise at his loving response.

"Out of all people I don't think I'd trust you when it came to- accessories." She paused as she found the word to describe it.

Lucille felt herself leaning forward, matching his slow movements. He was looking deeply into her eyes, holding her trapped, not able to move or look away.

"That's a shame." He said, as he slipped another flower behind her ear.
"I'd trust you for mine."

Her heart seemed to suddenly flutter at the sound of his voice. The world around was blurred into colour like an impressionists painting as he finally leaned in further. His lips brushed hers, at first in Coventry, before she met him eagerly, locking their lips together.

She was the flower in his hands and with each pluck of a petal she felt herself coming undone until nothing but the root was left exposed. She felt suddenly vulnerable, but the way he took her in his arms kindly reassured her. She felt herself smile into the loving embrace, and he did too as if instinctively.

Tommy's hand rested along her cheek as their breaths mingled, his thumb tracing circles against her smooth skin. Lucille's arm wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer as they fell back in a roll, pressing against each other. She pulled away, her head pressed lightly against his.

"Can I tell you something." She whispered, smiling in as she placed a peck to his lips. "I don't want anything to change."

"Me either." He said truthfully. "But this is war. And I feel terrible for abandoning it."

She sighed. Her chin was placed against her hands that rested against his chest. Lucille could feel his heart as he breathed, resining her up and down rhythmically.

"Let's savour what little time we have. Please." She asked, shuffling so her face was above his, smiling.

"I want nothing more." He said quietly, before pulling her close again and engulfing her in a kiss.

Unedited
Two more chapters and we're onto part 2 - parts separate setting hence the names x