Thunder

Thunder crackled and lighting sparked as skies darkened in Tonosho, Japan.

Amidst the chaotic weather, two junior high students resided within the entrance to a small home, currently drenched.

One of them was having a panic attack, and it wasn't because of the weather.

"Huh, the forecast didn't call for a thunderstorm today." the brown-eyed girl pondered.

"Uhhh, yeah, I didn't see that coming..." the black-haired boy replied, frantically searching for a solution to their current predicament.

Takagi stepped towards the door, "Well, I better leave now before it comes down any harder."

"Wait.....Takagi-san,

The wind howled, as she stopped opening the door halfway.

"It's not safe, I don't think you should go now." he looked down, scratching the back of his head and struggling to say the words.

The girl smirked. "So you don't want me to go yet?"

"N-No, it's not like that, it's just dangerous out there right now, and uhh-"

"Thanks, Nishikata" she smiled and took off her shoes.

He stopped for a brief moment to stare at her smile, he hadn't realized just how cute it wa-.

What am I thinking? This is Takagi-san. My friend. Not my girlfriend. Well, maybe not ye-

His brief moment of deliberation ended when he heard a squish and subsequently a poke to his abdomen.

----------

"HAHAHA" Nishikata wheezed.

"Wow Nishikata, you really are soaked" Takagi prodded at him again, causing him to further laugh.

Wiping away a tear from his eye, he took account of how soaked his clothes actually were.

He looked over to Takagi-san, who looked like she jumped into a pool and just got out. Her clothes were almost transparent.

'Woah I can see Takagi's- WOAH OK NO NO NO.' 

Takagi suspiciously eyed him. "How about we dry off first? It seems your having a hard time deciding where to look" she smirked.

"Uhhh, yeah, I'll go get us some towels" he hurriedly rushed upstairs towards the bathroom.

Returning down the stairs he heard Takagi conversing with someone. Could it be his parents? He gulped. Having a girl over by themselves would certainly look bad. But they would be at work until late tonight. So, who was she talking to?

"Ok. Yes, I understand. I'll relay the message to him. Ok. Thank you Mrs. Nishikata"

He froze. Takagi was talking to his mom? How? Why? When? 

"Judging from the expression on your face, you have many questions."

Nishikata nodded slowly, handing her a towel in the process.

Well, when I came back from my family trip, my family met your parents at the information kiosk of the airport. It was interesting. 

Nishikata blushed, he could only think what his mom would say to Takagi if she met her. The teasing that would ensue would be brutal.

"Oh, and she said to not forget to change your underwear tonight."

Nishikata looked up with a mortified expression "WHATTTT?"

Takagi snickered into her hand as she continued to enjoy Nishikata's reaction.

"Well," Takagi eased up on the laughing "I talked to your mom and she said it would be okay to stick around until the storm ends. My mom agreed. So it's just me and you for a while now."

Nishikata froze, as those words echoed in his head. 

"Just me and you."

"Having dirty thoughts Nishikata?"

"What? No! Of course not!" he yelled, frustrated at the teasing.

Takagi laughed, tonight would be quite the adventure.