Snap

There she stood, in all of her glory, blushing like crazy.

Nishikata finally did it, but then he snapped back into reality. 

His eyes blurred and twitched and his heartbeat quickened to a running pace.

He couldn't have begun to imagine what he just said. Even in his dreams, he wouldn't be able to mutter the word 'beautiful' to Takagi-san. But here he was, face to face with her and he did it. 

He snapped to attention like a twig, and ran. His excuse? Barley tea, of course.

In a flash, he was gone downstairs leaving a stunned Takagi to ponder the prior events.

But pondering had to wait, right now she had to control her own emotions. The term emotions; is used in a peculiar way here, because currently all that flowed within Takagi could not be described. 

That wasn't to say it was unpleasant though.

After gathering her bearings, she turned to the stairs and stepped down. While passing the front door the clock had turned sped ahead.

7:00 PM

She continued her journey to the kitchen to find an anxious Nishikata sipping on a glass of barley tea. 

Tapping his foot he didn't really notice Takagi sneak upon him. He was lost in thought.

"BOO" she pounced on her prey.

He yelped and hopped back, finding a giggling Takagi led him to go haywire. His eyes darted around the kitchen until they fixated on the glass of barley tea he made her. He picked it up.

"Here. I made you some barley tea" and blushed and sputtered, his arm shaking as he extended it.

"Thanks" she smiled and sipped on it.

Silence filled the air and tension arose. They sipped on their tea until Nishikata broke the silence.

"Can we... forget about what happened upstairs?" he blushed, looking towards the side.

"Hmmmm? Forget about what?"

"You know..." his blush intensified "what I said" he said under his breath.

Takagi eyed him curiously, "only if you say it again." 

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?"

She burst out into laughter once more "I always love your reactions, Nishikata."

As much as he didn't like the teasing, he breathed a sigh of relief. She was happy and laughing, and so darn cu-

'Again, I'm having these thoughts. I need to put a rest to them before they get out of hand.'

But how would he do that?  At the moment, he didn't even know how to describe the feeling, so it would have to wait.

"Wanna watch some TV Takagi?" he put their empty glasses into the sink.

"Sure, but I watched out all of 100% Unrequited Love already."

He internally groaned, and externally blushed, "who said I wanted to watch that lovey-dovey show?"

"Wanna know what happens in the last episode of season 2? Basi-"

"LALALALALALAL" Nishikata yelled, plugging his ears.

She giggled, "So you do wanna watch it, huh?"

"Arghhhh, just you wait Takagi. Im gonna get you back."

"Goooooood luck" she smriked and plopped herself onto the couch near the TV . 

Nishikata sat next to her "but seriously, have any ideas for TV?"

"Hmmmm. Nothing in particular. You?"

Nishikata's eyes flashed. 

'IDEAAAAAAAA' 

"How about a horror movie?" he grinned.

"Sure, but are you show you won't get scared" she formed a sly smile.

Nishikata vehemently crossed his arms, "Heh, just you watch Takagi-san, you'll be the one scared." 

"So, which move are we gonna watch?"

"Well, I recorded a movie I was gonna watch earlier, but let's watch it together."

"Sounds good."

'Little does she know, I already watched the movie and none of the parts will scare me anymore. I'm so gonna win this.'

He popped back up from his seat, "Ill get us some popcorn and blankets."

He inserted the bag of popcorn into the microwave and set it for 3 minutes. 'Okay, should give me enough time to get back with the blankets.' 

Heading into the laundry room much to his horror, there was only one blanket. His mom had to do laundry today specifically?  Oh well, he could just give it to Takagi-san.

Scampering back with a bowl of popcorn and a blanket he met Takagi who was reading the information on the movie's drop-down panel.

"Oh, thanks Nishikata" she looked up

"Dont mention it."

Putting the bowl on the table in front of them, Takagi divvied up the blankets. That's when she only noticed one.

"Hmmmm...there's only one blanket. Wanna share it?"

He responded quickly tripping on the words. "Its ok, you ccan have it." he crisscrossed his legs.

"Are you sure? You might get cold." she eyed him with some concern in her voice.

"Yea, I'm good."

"Okay" she sounded off pressing the play button to the movie in front of her.

The movie was pretty good. It consisted of Takagi scaring Nishikata for most parts though.

About a quarter way through, however, Nishikata began to regret wearing his shorts.

He was shaking a little bit, and crossed his legs together to conserve body heat.

But then he felt something really pleasant. A fluffy warm blanket draped over his body, and he felt warmth on his left.

Initially, he cuddled into the warmth, it felt good, only to realize a couple of milliseconds later that it was Takagi.

He quickly moved back, surprised and blushing.

Takagi looked over at him, surprised as well, almost a little disappointed.

"You looked really cold is all."

"Well. Im n-n-not." he chattered on the last word.

'Dammit'

Takagi smiled and gestured him to move in.

"I'd rather have you embarrassed than cold."

"IM NOT EMBARRASSED!" he blushed once more disproving said accusation. 

"Oh? So if you aren't embarassed, then you'd share the blanket with me" she titled her head to the side and smirked.

He slowly but reluctantly moved in towards the warmth. He relaxed, enveloped in a cuddle. Takagi rested more of her body weight on him, to which he flinched and blushed but soon relaxed into as well. 

After getting over the initial shock of sitting so close to Takagi, he began to enjoy his position. 

'As embarrassing as it is, it's nice. I don't know how to explain it but its comforting to sit next to her not just because of the warmth.' he blushed again, looking up to the ceiling and smiling slightly.

'Maybe. Its because I feel a certain way about he-'

And before he could come to the realization, he was interrupted by Takagi scaring the crap out of him. 

He grumbled, but looking up at Takagi's smile he didn't feel as mad as he did before.

Ahh. There was never a dull moment with her.