Breakfast

She cracked open the door, if she remembered correctly this should be the bathroom.

'First door on the left'

Entering the bathroom she surveyed the sink, laid out for her was a new toothbrush wrapped in its
packaging. As she unwrapped it and applied toothpaste her mind began to race.

It wasn't often that you got to sleep over at the love of your li- crush's house.

As she brushed her teeth Takagi tilted her head to the right, and hanging on the wall adjacent to the bath was a framed picture of baby Nishikata.

'So. Adorable. And perfect teasing material' a sly smile formed on her face.

She paused in brushing and reached for her phone to take a picture, but too her disappointment she found it was dead. Oh, she could take it later.

While she brushed humming to herself excited for the future, her peer awoke downstairs in a panic.

His mom standing over him, sipping a cup of coffee, spectated the grand theatrics before her.

"Five more minutes mo-"

His eyes snapped open and he peered at his mom. Oh no, his mom.
His eyes darted to the left, only to find nothing but air.
His expression morphed from panic into disappointment.

'Must've been a dream'  he internally frowned.

His mother continued to sip her coffee,
"Next time you fall asleep with your girlfriend on the couch, let me know in advance, hm? she took a playful jab at the situation.

His eyes returned back to their former glory, but his face turned red.

"I uhhh..."

His mother laughed heartily, "Don't worry, she's upstairs. Now go brush your teeth and get ready for breakfast" she smiled at his antics.

He nodded with a dumbfounded expression, despite the shock of finding out that she was still there and being embarrassed, he felt unusually happy. Almost excited he would get to spend time with her.

'Wait a minute. She's not my girlfriend!'

As he found his way to the stairs, he met a smiling Takagi waddling down.

"Good Morning Nishikata! she flashed her bright smile, and continued to waddle.

"Morning Takagi-san " he blushed lightly, staring at her face.

It reflect the light shining in from the front door. It was angelic almost. Her morning glow accompanied with the fact that they were practically waking up together brought on a few different emotions for him.

Weird, but pleasant.

They passed and went their separate ways for the time being. As Nishikata brushed his teeth and thought about ensuing events,  Takagi made small talk with her future mother in law. Nishikata took his time brushing his teeth, which consequently led to his mother and Takagi eating breakfast without him. He arrived at the table to then munching on pancakes.

He took a couple and stacked it on his plate, said his thanks and wasted no time chowing down. Borderline scarfing down his food, his mother looked up.

"Such bad manners, especially in front of your girlfriend?" she chuckled and kept on eating.

With round cheeks full of pancakes his face turned into not one, but two tomatoes.

Takagi giggled to herself, covering her face slightly to shield her own blushing expression.

'Not you too mom!'' he internally wined, swallowing the last of pancakes and frowning.

His frown however, vanished as he laid eyes on Takagi. There she was, giggling. Despite the embarrassment he found that he didn't mind being embarrassed, if it was for her.

'Woah. I know what I'm feeling for her now, but's that's deep.' He continued to ponder.

He hadn't realized that he didn't take his gaze off of Takagi, and was now having a stare off. She glanced back at him, and smiled lightly, causing him to loose said unannounced stare off and move his eyes elsewhere.

'She always manages to make me blush. Just one of these days I'll get her back.'

They continued to eat, having a few more conversations, sprinkled in with Takagi and Nishikata's mom doubleteam teasing Nishikata.

"Mhmmm, these pancakes are great Mrs. Nishikata! Could you maybe teach me the recipe ?" Takagi questioned the experienced cook.

"Of course Honey, just come over one day and I'll show you how to make it" she smiled warmly and finished up the remains of her pancake.

Nishikata, too enveloped in his own pancake to notice the conversation, suddenly honed in. His ears perked up.

"Just come over one day."

Ah shucks. Even more teasing, and not to mention it would be unexpected.