Chapter 2

* Warning ⚠️: Grammatical errors up ahead ⚠️ *

.
.

———————————

The room is filled with sobs as a young woman continues to cry her heart out. The only light in her room is coming from her small lamp. No one is inside except for her ... until she heard heels tapping on her cold marble floor. She looks up from her pillow and saw a silhouette of a woman standing near her window.

She immediately rose from her bed into a sitting position as she squints her eyes to see the woman better.

"W-who are you?"- she asks in her hoarse voice as her heart starts thumping in fear. After all, her room is located on the highest floor of the hotel her family owns. So there is no way someone can just climb through the window without any harness.

The lady flips her glittering fan open and looks at her. Her lips forming into a little smirk before saying, "Just call me the Matchmaker."- her jade green eyes seem to glow the moment she said the last words.

"T-the matchmaker?"- the lady mumbles as her tears stop falling.

"What about you my dear? Care to tell me your name?"-the Matchmaker asks as she leans on the windowsill.

The lady with the ash brown hair took a moment before she answers.

"Ashbell... my name is Ashbell Caroline."- she answers softly. For some unknown reason, she feels completely comfortable around the Matchmaker.

"My! Such a pretty name for a pretty girl like you~. "- her sweet voice like honey echoed in her ears that made her blush.

"T-thank you. "- Ashbell choke up a little with the sudden compliment that made her blush.

"Now tell me dear Ashbell... why such a young lady like you crying alone in this dark lonely room?"- the Matchmaker asks as she looks around the room.

With that question, Ashbell's eyes widen then her lips quiver as she tries to stop herself from crying again. But in the end, as her memory keeps on replaying what happened that morning, her tears start pouring as she looks at her drenched pillow.

"M-my b-boyfriend b-b-broke up with m-me... "- she mumbles bitterly as she grips her pillow tightly.

'

Ah... so that was the case huh? They were already a couple then... but seeing her like this, it's pretty obvious that she's the only victim here. '- the Matchmaker said to herself as she hides her smirk with her fan.

"What if... I tell you that I can make him regret his decision "- she said as if she's pondering something.

Ashbell looks at her curiously but is confused about what she's saying.

She can't help but smirk again as she looks at her.

"You know ~ what if I can make him fall head over heels in love with you? What will you do?"- she asks her that made her widen her eyes.

"Y-you can do that?!"- Ashbell asks her voice slightly rising.

"Of course I can my dear~. All you have to do is pay me and I'll make sure he will be all yours~. "- she said as she leans closer to Ashbell.

Ashbell grips her pillow more tightly as she bit her lips. She knows she can't pass this offer even if there is only a slight chance that she's telling the truth.

"Then name your price! I will pay no matter how much you ask! I can even give this hotel to you if you want."- she said confidently.

The Matchmaker closes her fan before looking straight at Ashbell's eyes.