Chapter 5

Warning ⚠️: Grammatical errors up ahead ⚠️ *

.
.

———————————

Days have passed by and the matchmaker made herself busy completing other contracts except Ashbell's contract.

Just like today she just finished making another target fall in love with her new costumer.

Standing at the top of a building while masking her presence, the Matchmaker stares at the scenery down below. For some unknown reason, the number of guards that patrolling at night increased this past few nights. Not only that.. even the special task force that is under the command of the Montez family suddenly starts patrolling everywhere, they seems to be desperately trying to find someone.

Because of this sudden situation, the Matchmaker is having a difficult time doing her contracts.

'Whoever dumb enough to provoke the special task force should just jump in the cliff and disappear'- is her current train of thought

She sigh as she comb her silver-grey hair that shines under the moonlight. She lean on the wall behind her as her jade green eyes glow for a bit while scanning the buildings ahead.

A few blocks away from her stands a tall building with very modern designs. It's the famous five star hotel that the Caroline family owned, and on one of its floor is where Ashbell's room is located.

She sigh once again when she remembered what happen during the party. She really don't want to associate herself with Ashbell once again that's why she's planning to break the contract tonight. And the only way to do that is to convince Ashbell to agree to break the contract, in any case she won't agree the matchmaker will just have to either scare her to death or control her mind which is not really a easy thing to do.

She grip her golden fan tightly and conceal herself before transforming into a blue butterfly.

She flew inside Ashbell's room where she saw her talking enthusiastically to someone over her phone. She seems to even blush which made her confused.

She transform back to her original form making Ashbell scream in shock.

"That's Fine by me I'll see you tom— eek! What the!! "- Ashbell exclaims the moment she notice the matchmaker sitting comfortably on her chair. The Matchmaker motions for her to be quiet as she points to her phone that she dropped.

Ashbell's hand is slightly shaking as she pick up her phone once again.

"Ah? Hello? Yes .. yes I'm fine ... yes I just saw som- I mean a cockroach.. yes a cockroach, I'll see you tomorrow... have a goodnight handsome "- Ashbell said as end the phone call

On the other hand the matchmaker barely stop herself from throwing her golden fan to Ashbell the moment she was referred as a cockroach.

She open the fan to hide her frown as she wait for Ashbell to calm down .

"I'm very sorry about that! I was just really surprised to see you again! "- Ashbell said as she stand up from her bed and fix herself

"That's alright dear, I was the rude one to visit you without informing you first. I was just excited to see you again "- she said sweetly that made Ashbell blush as she took a step back and drop her hair brush