Chapter 4

* Warning ⚠️: Grammatical errors up ahead ⚠️ *

.

.

———————————

She contacts Heneous by telepathy as she runs away from Sirius.

'Henie ! We need to go now!'- she said as she escapes to a hallway

Sirius is still running behind her trying to catch her . Using her magic ,she place a barrier behind her to stop him . She succeeded as Sirius bump into a invisible wall .

She escapes in the nearest window as her eyes glow before vanishing, only leaving her sweet scent in the air.

Sirius manage to break the barrier a second after she disappears. He walk towards the window and look outside trying to confirm that she's gone.

With a sigh he tried his best to calm his nerves. He don't know whether or not to get mad at her or to his self for getting fooled by her angelic face and sweet red lips.

He shakes his head in frustration with how much influence she has on him when he just met her.

He turn his back to the window and starts walking back to the party when he saw Ashbell running towards him. It turn out that after the two run away from the party, Ashbell who have been staring at them the whole time followed them.

She didn't know what happen with the two so her heart has been beating fast the whole time she's trying to catch up with them.

"Sirius!"- she called out after seeing him walking back

Sirius look at her before stopping on his tracks. He was about to get mad at her but he remembered that Ashbell has a connection with Lila .

"Where did you go?"- Ashbell ask after she catch her breath

Sirius compose his self before giving Ashbell a smile as he answers,

"I just went to get some fresh air... is something wrong?"-

Ashbell want to ask what happen to the Matchmaker but she hesitates... for some reason she doesn't want to know what happen with them. So instead of asking she smiles and follow the advice the matchmaker told her.

"No, I was worried when you suddenly left the party"- she said gracefully as she tuck her loosened hair behind her ear.

Sirius offer his hand to Ashbell before asking,

"Should we head back now?"- he said with a smile

Ashbell smile back at him and shyly accept his hand. She completely forgot the anxiety she felt during the time she was watching the Matchmaker and Sirius dance together.

Sirius can't help but compare Ashbell's touch to Lila's. He hate that even after Lila tried to put a spell on him... he can't help but still think of her. There is something about her that is making him feel uneasy yet he still wants to hold her tight.

He shook off his thoughts as he look at Ashbell who is blushing beside him. If he wants to find out more about Lila, then all he needs to do is find the answer from Ashbell.

————————————

The Matchmaker and Heneous teleported back to their living room. Heneous was about to ask her what happened but he stop when he saw how annoyed she is.

She grip her golden fan tightly as she glare at the wall in front of her. She feels so humiliated, embarrassed and annoyed because of Sirius. She can't believe that he manages to see right through her spell that she's been using for decades.

She felt her magic starts to rise as she try her best to calm down.

"My lady?.."- she heard Heneous ask as she close her eyes

"What?"- she answer as calmly as possible

Heneous hesitates before he ask again,

"What happened?"- with this question she open her eyes and glare at the wall once again before looking at Heneous

"That! That fricken guy happen!!"- she shouts and storm out of the room and run upstairs to her room.

Heneous was left there in the living room utterly confused. Even so he sighs and went straight to the kitchen to make her some snacks to calm her down.

——————————

The Matchmaker walk back and forth in her room as her magic starts flaring. In all her years of being immortal, she have never met someone like him that isn't affected by her magic.

Although she admit that there are some of her memories that are completely hazy, she even completely forgot how and why she started to became a matchmaker but still...

There are memories of her past that are definitely completely clear to her. Especially during the time she was with her adopted family. She sigh and shook the memories out of her train of thoughts. She can feel her magic seeping out of her body and starting to lose control.

She have to find a way to release the stress or else her magic is going to explode .

————————————

There are lots of crashing and loud sounds coming from the matchmaker's room .  Heneous finish preparing her food in the indoor garden located on the second floor of the mansion.

He calmly knock on her door after a loud crash was heard inside.

A few seconds of silence, he heard a click as the door opens . It wasn't the first time he saw her room completely wreck with her furnitures all broken and completely all over the place. He bow his head before saying,

"I've finished preparing your food at the garden my lady "-

He waited for a few seconds before she inhaled and exhales then left the room.

He stand up and wear his gloves as he look around to see what kind of damage he needs to fix.

————————

She went straight to the indoor garden, the scent of the flowers in there completely calm her down.

After a few minutes of eating her complexion finally return to normal . Her magic is now completely stable. Now that she can properly think she summon the book of contact to see if Ashbell's contract is still intact. The book of contract contains all of the contracts she formed over the years. The contracts will vanish over time once her costumer's life energy have been completely depleted in another word ; once they died. There are cases that the contract will burn once the costumer's love for the target changed.

The book appears in front of her as she flip it open until she find the page where Ashbell's contract is located.

Surprisingly enough it's still intact, she stares at it intently before sighing. At this case the contract should have vanish or burn if the wish of the client can't be fulfilled. But ... this is the first time that the contract continues to stay intact.

"Hmm... what should I do? This contract is so troublesome "- she grumbles as the contract continues to float in front of her

She can't definitely go back and try to put him under the spell again. The spell won't work twice once it was found out. And besides there are no more stronger spell she can cast than that spell.

"But I can't just abandon the contract... if I abandon this the contract will still continue to slowly eat Ashbell's life energy . "- she said as she rub her forehead in frustration

"How should I deal with this ? Argh.. if only I can freaking erase his memory of tonight — no it won't work . "- she continues to grumble then with a flick of her hand the book of contract disappears

——————————