Chapter 1

Chloe's POV

I was just another ordinary girl. Nothing special. I would go about my days like I was stuck in a never ending loop. School, homework, sleep, on repeat. One day, everything changed. I had no idea at the time, but I was about to begin the journey of a lifetime.

~~~~~~~

I was retrieving the last of my textbooks from my locker when a teacher approached me.

"Ah Chloe, just the girl I was looking for. I know this is a bit short notice, but how would you feel about joining a tutoring scheme we're piloting in the school?" He asked.

"Oh" I hesitated, "of course, that sounds like a wonderful opportunity" I quickly added before my pause became any more noticeable.

Once my last class of the day was over, I gathered up my things and prepared to leave.

"Jungkook, I'd like you to stay behind please" the teacher said.

I glanced over at Jungkook. My chest tightened slightly, but I brushed it off as being nothing. I headed for the door only to be stopped in my tracks.

"You too, Chloe" the teacher said. I turned to face him, a little shocked, and stood next to Jungkook in front of the desk.

"You must both be wondering why I've asked to speak with you. Jungkook, you've been spending a lot of time on your musical career, which is fine, but you also need to graduate high school. You agreed to me choosing a tutor for you. Well, I've found the perfect candidate" he said, turning his attention to me.

"Me?" I asked, almost unable to form that simple word.

"Of course, you're one of our top students and I can't think of anyone better for the job" he replied.

I didn't know what to say. They want me to tutor the most popular boy in school. Me.

"You're okay with this decision, right Jungkook?" The teacher asked.

Jungkook placed his hand on the back of his neck nervously.

"I guess so" he replied sheepishly.

"Then it's settled. Chloe, you will tutor Jungkook and ensure he graduates when expected. Jungkook, you will learn from Chloe and do your best" the teacher exclaimed.

I turned my head slightly and made eye contact with Jungkook for a second before quickly looking elsewhere. I could hear my own pulse quicken. I don't understand why I can't just look at him. Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'll succeed in teaching him if it's the last thing I do. I sealed this promise in my heart, unaware of the rollercoaster I was committing myself to.

~~~~~~~

Once we left the classroom, I gathered up my courage and tentatively approached Jungkook.

"So... how do you want to do this? Should we meet after school some days or?" I trailed off, my throat constricting as I realised that he was staring right at me.

I made the mistake of gazing into his eyes and found myself unable to look away.

"Why don't you come over to my house tomorrow and we can figure out a plan?" he suggested.

I shook my head slightly, breaking myself out of my trance-like state.

"You want me to come to your house?" I asked, unable to hide my anxiety at his suggestion.

"Oh, is that a problem?" he asked shyly.

"Well no, it's just that you live there with six other guys" I replied, trying to make him understand my reservations.