Chapter 6

Jungkook's POV

A few days later, there was a knock on the door to Jungkook's hospital room and a police officer entered.

"Do you mind if we ask you some questions? We have another case that we think may be linked to yours" the police officer asked.

Jungkook nodded slightly.

"As we understand it, you were seen with a young female when you were beaten, correct?" he asked.

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Chloe? Did you find her? Is she okay?" Jungkook asked.

"A young woman was found in an alleyway very close to where you were hit with a car" the police officer answered.

"Is she okay?" Jungkook repeated, a little more aggressively.

"We need you to identify her before we reveal any details. She's in a coma" the police officer replied.

Jungkook felt his heart stop for a moment.

"Oh my god... No... They did this to her. Those thugs that beat me up, they dragged her away just before I got hit" Jungkook said, hardly believing the words that were coming from his mouth.

Jungkook followed close behind the officer in his wheelchair.

They stopped next to a room that was closed off from the rest of the ward. The police officer knocked lightly on the window and the blinds opened to reveal a horrific sight.

It was her.

Chloe was lying there in that hospital bed with a tube helping her breathe.

"Chloe... no... no... please no..." Jungkook trailed off.

"So this is the same girl you were with" the police officer stated.

"What..." Jungkook swallowed hard, "what happened to her?" he asked.

"She was stabbed in the chest. There's evidence of a struggle at the scene and she has a nasty head wound. She also has multiple contusions and scratches across her body, so there's no telling what they did to her. It would appear that they were trying to abuse her" the police officer replied.

Jungkook felt sick.

The nurse opened the door to go get some more bandages.

"I'm so sorry... this is all my fault" Jungkook said.

At the sound of his voice, Chloe's hand twitched.

Chloe's POV

I could hear voices in the distance. I could only make out a few words here and there.

"Stabbed...serious...blood...unconscious...coma".

I couldn't understand what was happening. What were these voices and who were they talking about?

Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice. There was no mistaking it.

It was him.

Jungkook. I tried with everything I had to shout his name, but nothing happened. I was trapped in my own silence. The darkness wouldn't loosen its hold on me. I reached out towards his voice.

~~~~~~~

Once my condition stabilised, doctors removed the tube that was helping me breathe.

My eyes flickered open and my surroundings came into focus. There was a crowd of people gathered around me. My breathing quickened.

I tried to move, but a surging pain in my chest forced me back down onto the bed I was lying on.

"It's okay. Listen to me Chloe. You're in the hospital. You were attacked and you went into a coma" the doctor said.