Chapter 5

Chloe's POV

After we finished bowling, I took Jungkook to get some lamb skewers. The way he stuffed food into his cheeks when he ate confirmed in my mind that he was a rabbit.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked.

"No reason" I replied quickly, trying to stifle my laughter.

We walked along the moonlit street, having spent a longer day together than I'd expected, but I didn't regret a single second. I went to turn towards my house, but Jungkook stopped me.

"One more stop" he said.

I tilted my head in confusion, which made him laugh.

"Do you trust me?" he said, offering his hand to me.

I gently grasped his hand in mine.

"I trust you" I replied.

He took me to a building I'd never seen before next to a convenience store. He looked around and opened the door. We stepped inside to find a seemingly endless staircase leading to the roof. We glanced at each other and nodded. The silent challenge had been issued.

We raced up the stairs. When we reached the top, Jungkook declared his victory. I was kneeling down, trying to catch my breath.

"One day I will find something you're not good at" I rasped between breaths.

"Ha. Good luck with that" he replied, feeling very confident.

I stood up and glanced around. The view was stunning.

Jungkook's POV

"What are we doing up here?" she asked.

He tapped his nose. He led her to the edge of the roof and they sat down together.

"It's my turn to treat you" he replied.

He readied his camera. As if on cue, fireworks exploded in the sky, lighting up the night. She smiled and gazed at the sky in awe. The colours danced over her face. Her eyes sparkled brighter than the stars that surrounded her. It was the most beautiful moment.

Click.

Chloe's POV

"I want you to know how grateful I am to you, Chloe. You've helped me so much. I know you've put in a lot of time and effort to teach me. I know I'm not always the easiest person in the world to deal with, but you've never complained. So thank you" he said.

That happiness I couldn't describe once again consumed me.

"Jungkook. I..." I began.

The smoke from the fireworks clouded the sky and, just as I was about to reply, I felt a few drops of rain on my face. I looked up and, without warning, the heaven's opened.

We laughed as we ran back inside, already soaked through from the rain.

Forks of lightning lit up the sky. Thunder echoed throughout the city. We had no idea that the storm foreshadowed the turmoil that was to come...

~~~~~~~

Weeks passed.

I was grateful for every moment I got to spend with these amazing boys, especially Jungkook.

I walked up to the house like I did every day, clutching my school books, but that day was different. As I approached, I could hear shouting and cursing coming from inside. I quickened my pace.

Just as I was about to knock on the door, it opened and Yoongi pushed past me. The inside was a mess. Furniture lay broken on the floor. There were even some splatters of blood on the walls.