Chapter 2

Over the next few days, we all worked together and made a plan to aid in Jungkook's learning. From that point on, I tutored Jungkook whenever possible.

"Would you mind waiting here for a bit while we practice our next dance routine?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"No, I wouldn't mind" I replied with a smile.

He instantly relaxed. "Great, I'll be back soon" he said, disappearing into the practice room.

I settled into their sofa and pulled a book out from my bag, along with a notepad and pen to write down notes as I read. The same music looped over and over again. Before I knew it, the repeated melody lulled me into a nap.

~~~~~~~

Jungkook's POV

Jimin stopped the music. Everyone turned to face him.

"Hey Jungkook, didn't you tell Chloe that you wouldn't be long?" he asked.

Jungkook's eyes widened as he glanced up at the clock.

"Oh no. I didn't realise we'd been dancing for so long. What do I do?" He asked.

"Just go out there and apologise to her" Namjoon suggested. Jungkook rushed over to the door but paused as he was about to open it.

"What if she's really angry with me? What if she left?" he asked.

"She's not like that" Taehyung said reassuringly.

Jungkook took a deep breath and opened the door. The others followed close behind him. They stopped dead in their tracks when they saw her. Chloe was asleep on the sofa, a book in her hands.

"Hey, isn't that the book you're supposed to write a report on?" Yoongi asked.

Jungkook turned his attention to the book and was at a loss for words.

"...yes. She was reading the book that I need to read" he whispered.

Chloe's POV

I heard a familiar voice, pulling me back to the real world. I stirred and opened my eyes. I nearly fell from the sofa when I realised that the boys were standing there.

Oh my gosh, I fell asleep in their house.

I unsteadily got up on my feet and bowed.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to fall asleep" I said.

"I'm the one who should be apologising. I left you here for three hours while we practiced" Jungkook replied.

"Three hours?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry. I hope you're not too angry with me" he said nervously.

"How could I be angry with you? You really pour everything you have into your music and I admire you for that, so stop apologising" I replied with a smile.

He smiled, but then the guilty look returned.

"Why were you reading the book I need to write a report on?" he asked. I looked down at the book that I was still clutching onto.

"Oh. Well, I want to help you Jungkook. But to do that, I need to know what I'm talking about" I replied a little sheepishly.

"You're really taking good care of our golden maknae" Jin said, reminding me that the other members were still in the room.

"How about I come back tomorrow and we can work on the maths homework that's due soon?" I suggested.

Jungkook agreed and showed me to the door.