emetophobia(fear of vomiting)

You opened your eyes. It felt as if the room was spinning, and you closed your eyes again for a dizzying moment. You willed for the growing sickness in your stomach to go away, but it only seemed to get worse by the moment. You and your friends had been out drinking last night, and you had gotten so drunk that Ariana had to carry you into the house. 

"Ari I feel sick," You whimpered. Ariana was still sleeping beside you, but woke up immediately at the sound of your voice. You felt bad for waking her up, but the waves of sickness that were washing through your body was too much for you to handle.

Ariana led you to the washroom and you kneeled down in front of the toilet. She held back your hair and stroked your back as you swallowed, trying to fight the sick that was creeping up your throat.

"Baby, just let it out. You're only going to feel worse if you don't." She urged, taking one of your hands and gently squeezing it. "I'm right here, beside you. You can do this. Don't fight it, just relax."

But you couldn't. Just thinking about the word 'vomit' made you feel lightheaded and weak. It was one of your worst fears, one that has haunted you your entire life. That was why you rarely ever threw up, unless you really couldn't fight it, like now.

Despite squeezing your eyes shut and willing with all your might to not throw up, you knew that this was a battle you could not win. Though last night was fun, you regretted every drop of alcohol you put into your body.

"I c-can't do this," You told Ariana, sweat soaking your back, tears wetting your cheeks. You felt your stomach churn and you dry-heaved into the toilet. Ariana's grip on your hand tightened, and she patted your back with her other hand. You were starting to panic now, tears clouded your vision and your chest felt heavy.

"You're gonna feel better. Don't be scared, this happens to everyone. Please, just let it out, and then you can go back to bed." She put her hand on your shoulder as a sob escaped your lips. It was all too much for you. You shook your head vigorously and bit your lip so hard that you tasted blood in your mouth. "Shh Y/N baby, try to calm down. I know how much pain you're in and how horrible you feel, trust me, I always get drunk. But I also know that you just need to get it out of your system, and then you'll feel so much better. Will you do it for me? Please?"

She gave you her best puppy eyes, and though sweat was dripping down your forehead and you were trembling with fear, you swallowed and gave her a little nod. Another wave of nausea hit you hard, but this time, you didn't resist. You lurched forward and threw up into the toilet, with Ariana rubbing your back. After you were done, she handed you a glass of water to rinse out your mouth. The dizzying sensation was still there, but you didn't feel sick anymore.

"Good girl. Let's get you back to bed." Ariana helped you stand up and walked you back to the bedroom, with you leaning against her for support. She tucked you in, and got some Tylenol for your headache. "If you need anything, I'm right here." She whispered, wiping away your sweat and tears with a tissue. "I love you Y/N." She kissed your forehead and moved your hair out of your face.

You gave her a timid smile and closed your drooping eyelids. You weren't afraid of being sick anymore, because you knew that even if you had to be sick again, Ariana would be by your side through it all.