amber alerts

You and Ariana were lying on your bed, your head resting on her stomach, one of her hands gently stroking your cheeks while the other held your hand. It was a peaceful afternoonor at least it was a peaceful afternoon until an awful screeching sound rang from your phone on the nightstand. You jumped off of Ariana in alarm and covered your head with a pillow. Ari looked at you in concern and gingerly picked up your phone. 

"Honey, it's just an amber alert." She tried to remove the pillow from your face but you only held on tighter. The alert had stopped, but you were still terrified and in shock. Knowing that trying to talk sense into you wasn't going to work, she simply wrapped her arms around you and rubbed your back comfortingly. She pulled the blanket over the two of you and sang to you softly, hoping the sound of her voice would help you calm down.

Gradually, you started to relax and threw the pillow aside. Your entire body was drenched in sweat, and you gasped for air after burying your face in a pillow for so long. Ariana stopped singing and planted a kiss on your nose, glad that you were feeling a bit better.

"Is it over?" You asked, your voice shaking. 

"Yes baby," 

"I'm still a little scared. And I hope that child finds their way back home safely."

"Me too, me too. You don't have to be afraid. I'll be here to protect you no matter what." She cuddled you affectionately.

"Thank you for always being here for me Ari," you murmured as the memory of the amber alert drifted from your mind, replaced by the sound of Ariana's beautiful voice. "Love you so much."

"No problem baby girl. Love you the most." 

You closed your eyes and buried your face in the crook of her neck, breathing in the familiar scent of her shampoo.  You no longer felt scared but instead calm, knowing that as long as you were in her arms, there was nothing to be afraid of.