trypanophobia(fear of needles)

"Baby, are you ready?" Ariana started to unbuckle her seat belt.

"No no no, I don't want to do this." You cowered in your seat and covered your face with your hands. It was that time of year again—flu season—and since you had caught the flu last year, Ariana was making you get the flu shot this year.

"Honey, it's for your own good. And plus, I don't want you vomiting on our bed and wailing about how you're 'going to die for sure' again." she got off the car and opened the door on your side of the car. "Come on boo." she stretched her arms out.

Sniffing, you unbuckled your seat belt and leaned into her as she wrapped her arms around you.

"Don't cry, babe. I'll be there the whole time, and plus, I'm getting the shot too." she laced her fingers in your hair and kissed your forehead.

You were trembling like crazy, and Ariana took both of your hands in hers.

"Listen here baby. It's just gonna be a little poke in your arm, and then it'll be all done. You won't even feel it. It'll protect you from greater pains." she whispered as you stared blankly into her soft brown eyes. "How about we get your favorite ice cream after this? There's a store right down the block." she added with a bright smile.

You nodded shakily and slowly got off the car. You didn't want to seem like a coward in front of your girlfriend, especially since a poke of a needle was nothing compared to what Ariana had been through.

Ariana led you into the hospital and sat you down on a chair as she went to check in with the front counter. A few minutes later, she came back and directed for you to follow her.

"There's not many patients here today, so we don't have to wait."

"Holy shit, I can't do this." Your legs gave way underneath you and you fell to the ground. Luckily, Ariana was there to catch you before you hit the ground.

"Are you ok?" Ariana brought you close to her and shared the warmth of her body. When you shook your head, she squeezed you tighter and placed her lips on the top of your head. "Let's go in. We're blocking the hallways." she mumbled against your scalp.

Reluctantly, you allowed her to lead you into a small room with blindingly bright lights. A woman was already inside, organizing and preparing her tools. 

"Ariana and Y/N?" she looked up from the counter as she heard you and Ariana walk in. 

"Yes," Ariana replied as you both sat down on two chairs that were leaning against the wall.

"Alright, I've got the needles ready. Who's going first?" the woman asked, and you gulped in fear. Luckily, Ariana stepped forwards and rolled up her sleeve.

"I'll go first."

You watched as the nurse sucked up the vaccine into the syringe and rubbed some disinfectant on Ariana's shoulder. You reached for her hand and gave it a squeeze, but looked away just as the nurse injected her with the needle. The sight of needles made you weak, especially seeing them pierce skin.

"All done. Now it's your turn, beautiful." the nurse gestured for you to come closer. Ariana, who was very overprotective of you, gave her a glare at the word 'beautiful'. You knew you should bring your chair closer to the nurse, but you were frozen in place, unable to move or breathe. Your girlfriend placed a warm hand on yours and gently pushed your chair forwards.

"It's gonna be alright," she whispered in your ear and rested her lips against your cheek. You were trembling, and a tear escaped from your eye. You tried to stand up and run away, but Ari held you down firmly. You wanted to scream, but no sound came out, and breathing was becoming so difficult that you felt like you were suffocating. Though you were struggling hard against Ariana's hold, she kept one of your arms pinned down on the arm of the chair.

You were too busy panicking to notice the nurse sticking the needle in your shoulder until she had pulled it out again and announced that you were good to go. Your crying stopped immediately, and you hid your face in your girlfriend's hoodie in embarrassment.

"Aww baby, you were so brave." Ariana cooed, cradling your head. "Now let's get you your ice cream."

—A FEW MINUTES LATER—

You walked out of the ice cream store holding Ariana's hand, happily licking at your strawberry ice cream. Ariana stared at you, her eyes filled with adoration at your happiness. She would do anything to see that beautiful smile on your face, because your smile lit up her world. She let out a content sigh. You were the best thing that has ever happened to her. 

hey guys ! i'm so sorry i didn't update for so long

hey guys ! i'm so sorry i didn't update for so long. i had school and i also didn't know what to write 😭 

anyways i hope you enjoyed this chapter and the extra little scene at the end. stay safe and wash your damn fucking hands !!