aviophobia(fear of flying)-requested

Ariana held your hand as you two waited for your flight. You had finally been able to get a week off at your job, and your girlfriend treated you by buying tickets to Hawaii, where you can enjoy a nice vacation with her. You stared out of the windows of the airport, nervous about going on an airplane for the first time. You hadn't told Ariana this, but you had never been on a plane due to your intense fear of flying.

"I'm so glad that we can spend a whole week together, just the two of us." Ariana put her head on your shoulder and sighed contently. 

"Me too," you said, trying to keep your shaking voice steady. Your hands were sweating like crazy, and you pulled out of Ariana's grasp to wipe them on your pants. 

"What's wrong honey? Do you not want to go?" She asked you in concern. 

"It's nothing," you shook your head. "It's just a bit hot in here."

"Alright babe. It'll be a lot cooler on the plane."

Soon enough, it was time to board your flight. You stood up on your trembling legs and followed Ariana to check in, tugging your luggage behind you, and then strode down the agonizingly long hallway to the plane. Ariana helped you tuck away your suitcases in the overhead bin, doing the same to hers as well. You were starting to feel a bit claustrophobic in the tight space, though you were flying first class and it was supposed to be much more spacious than normal seating. 

After everything had been packed away, you sat down beside Ari and fumbled with your seatbelt. You anxiety was increasing by the minute, and your hands were shaking and sweating so much that you kept dropping the seatbelt buckle. 

"Do you need help with that?" She started to reach for your seatbelt, but her eyes filled with worry as she noticed your pale face. "Y/N, talk to me please. There's definitely something wrong."

"I-I'm fine,"

"No you're not. Baby I promise I won't judge you."

"You promise you won't laugh at me?" You felt tears forming in your eyes, and you wiped them away with you hand.

"I promise." She held out her pinky and you took it in yours. She smiled at you gently, willing you to confide in her. 

"Well...it's just that I'm terrified of flying. And heights. And anything that has to do with planes. Especially being in one." You couldn't control yourself as sobs shook your body. "Fuck, I sound like a baby."

Ariana immediately reached out and held you in her arms. 

"That doesn't make you a baby at all. You don't have to be ashamed of it." She stroked your hair and planted gentle kisses all over your forehead.

"But I'm just so afraid. I can't do this I'm gonna die." 

"I'm here Y/N, I'm here. You're not going to die. I won't let that happen." She gave your hand a reassuring squeeze.

You were crying so hard that you couldn't speak, your whole body shaking as you gasped for air.

"Deep breaths sweetheart," Ariana lifted you onto her lap and and looked into your eyes. "C'mon. Breathe in, 1, 2, 3. Now out, 1, 2, 3."

You felt like you were suffocating, but you sucked in a big breath of air and released as instructed by Ari.

"Good, you got it. That's my girl." A smile broke across Ariana's face, and you also smiled weakly at the sight of it. "I'm so proud of you." She ran her sleeve across your cheeks, wiping away your tears. 

Suddenly, an announcement rang, signalling the airplane's takeoff. Ariana helped you get your seatbelt on and took your hand in hers. 

"I'm still kind of scared," you mumbled feebly.

"That's alright hun, I'll be here with you the whole time."

You felt the plane abruptly lurch forwards. It was beginning to take off. You squeezed your eyes shut and clenched onto Ariana's hand until your knuckles were white. She continued whispering reminders to breathe as the plane lifted off into the sky in a smooth ascend. You held your breath until the plane straightened again, and you let out a breath of relief.

"See? It wasn't so bad. And wow, look at the clouds." Ariana lifted the window covering and gazed down through the window beside her.

Still refusing to let go of her hand, you cautiously peeked out the window and felt your stomach flip at seeing how high you were in the sky. But you couldn't deny that what you saw was breathtaking. The clouds, closer than you've ever seen them, radiated a type of calmness that made it impossible to look away.

"Th-thats beautiful," you gasped.

"You know what is more beautiful? You." Ariana never missed out on an opportunity to embarrass you, and you chuckled as your cheeks flushed red. She giggled in her adorable way, turning to snap some pictures of the clouds. When she turned back around, you grabbed her face and pressed your lips to hers. You can feel her smile against your lips as she kissed you back with all the passion she can muster. 

This was gonna be one hell of an amazing vacation.