Thickening Lines

Waking up in a carnivore dorm was nothing harmful to you, for you were a omivore and human, so you were safe either way.Both sides were pretty much both balanced better for yourself in Cherryton Academy. But you felt...broken.Everything about your peppy and happy-go-lucky was burn in a fire of fear and the ashes left from it was then being kept in a chest chained to a heavy 39 pound weight then thrown in a river of your own sadness, drowning in depression and anxiety all at once. But did you let your friends see that?No.You just placed up a fake smile - a smile you use for when your stuck or in trouble - and tell them the 'I'm fine!' act.No, you were not fine at all.

Jack soons walks with you to a flowershop - where Haru kept all the flowers alive and well, sadly she was not there yet - but Jack disappeared once you got in, picked up some flowers, and out with ease....maybe he just left because of something important, yeah.That must have been it.

Once within the school I walk down to the lecture room...Tem's last evidence of life...but when I got down there I see all kinds of decorations and flowers with many different color themed 'Rest in peace Tem!' cards.But what caught my attention the most was that one of Tem's friends - a ant eater male that I don't really know the name of - sat down on his knees, resting in silence before Tem's happy picture day photo.The only thing that was happy in such a gloomy place.

"I still keep expecting to hear you doing your vocal exercises in the next room.I can't help listening for it.." Suddenly he turns to look at me, eyeing my form "...and that also includes my surroundings."

I stop and wave, smiling that face smile at him "S-Sorry I was just...d-d-dropping off some flowers-.."

"Your (Y/N) right?"

I gulped, looking rather uncomfortable "Y-Yeah...how did you know I-?"

"Tem never stops telling me about you, he seems to have high hopes for you, he held no doubt when it comes to you..." He then looks beside him, patting the floor next to him softly "...My name is Mark, here, sit down with me."

I slowly did. Now suprise that Tem, when I was not around, was spreading a good few words about me.I'm...happy to hear that.

"You know, I realized that Tem was going to star in our play."

I raise a brow, confuse "..Your in Drama Club?.."

"Yes I do.I help with the designs for clothing and other stuff-."

"MARK!~" We both turn around to see Jack waving at us like an idiot, then he noticed me "(Y/N)!~Hi!Hi!.." He looks to Mark "..Are you going back to your dorm room?"

"Uh-huh."

"Jack, your suppose to not be here. This is the herbivores area!"

Jack points at me, then Mark "Your able to do it!Why not me-?"

"I'm a omivore, I balance between the two goof ball" I point out, laughing slightly.

Jack stops for a second then shrugs "Touché."

Jack walks over, noticing Mark holding a flyer "...You have a Drama club flyer..."

"I went and got one because Tem was in the Drama club."

"Oh.." He then looks at the small banquet of flowers and cards on the floor, next to the lecture room "...And those are the flowers Legoshi brought."

My eyes widen in suprise and shock "Wow!Lego sure did make it look pretty for Tem!" And it was pretty, he did well.

Mark turns he head tilting it in consern and confusion "He did?..." He looks then became serious "...He's a wolf isn't he?"

"Yeah..." Jack turns to Mark, a doki doki face on "..He's in the Drama club too."

"Oh.Are you friends?"

I smile nodding "Yeah, since we were pups.We're both candidae, and our families live next to each other!"

Then Mark turns to me, shock "You grew up with canidae parents??"

I smile, clapping my hands together "Yep!But my mother adopted me since she wanted a little girl in the family-!"

"Waite?You have siblings?!"

Jack snickers, laughing "Older siblings, all three were adopted the same day with (Y/N) while except one - 19 years old - who is now in college in New York."

"Oh jeeze, that's a handful.." He backs off to go to his locker, getting his mail "...But the drama club performance is on the 26th, right?"

"Yeah it is!"

"Yep.Are you going-WOAH!"

As soon as Mark open that door, all the mail within the mailbox fell out like if it was WWII.It wasn't long until Mark got down picking them up, I decide to help him too.

"D-Did all these letters come today?Your room sure gets a lot of mail!"

"Um..well.." Mark was hesitating but he stood up once he got his mail together, I got myself up, dusting myself off "...Other rooms are getting a lot of mail too."

Mark turns to Jack, rather nervous "All the Herbivore students are receiving letters from home.Our families are worried because an... alpaca was murdered on campus."

Oh...oh I forgot about that, for my mom and brothers can be a bit over protective since I'm the only girl in the family, I may as well open mine up.I could be getting letters like crazy if I don't!

Jack stood, rather suprise but consern "Oh...Of course they'd be worried-."

"Hey.What's a DOG doing in an herbivore dorm?!" Oh.It was that horse girl from yesterday.

Mark immediately turns to her "Relax.He's my friend.." then he turns back to Jack kindly "..Sorry about that,Jack."

"No worries.I get it!.." He puts up his hands in defense "..This is herbivore territory..." He then looks over to the horse girl kindly "...Sorry.I just followed him in while we were talking.I'll take off now-!"

"Jack?.."

"Hm?"

"You shouldn't share a dorm room with wolves and hyenas, even if you are all Canidae.." Mark then walks over to the horse girl, ready to walk away with her, then continues "..You should choose your friends more carefully."

Jack stays silent, looking at the horse girl who stares back at him, then he smiles.Choose wisely, look whose talking!

"Thanks for the advice."

Finally, I found my home room number.Now let's just take the letters directed to me-.

"Need help shorty?~"

I huff, pouting "Yes please code 3754.."

Jack nods, placing the numbers in and swings it open.The same thing happens once again, the letters and small packages came pouring out onto the floor.Jeeze, so much mail! Taking my time, while Jack puts the mail back into the mail box, I was able to grab what seems to be all mine.And each one of them was from my family, each member per letter.But one was in a box, what's in it?

"Ha!Your family is blowing you up too, what dose it say??"

I laugh, holding them close "...I will read them once we get back to your dorm room.How dose that sound-?"

"Sure!Let's go and get my mail too, my family must be worried!" Jack grabs my hand, taking me with in a playful manner to his dorm.

I laugh, smiling "Sure let's go!"

And on they go, off to receive there precious mail from family, but it seems that herbivores and carnivores are starting to become distant and weary. Most of the herbivores are now afraid to be the next victim of the unknown carnivorous killer while the carnivores are trying to maintain their friendship with them.Many of them breaking due to this disaster.....Now, is that going to happen to you?Who knows, for the world is the trickiest thing to understand but the most dangerous.Stay on your path, it may save your life..or will it?