Chapter 7

The next day, I go to school, even though it's Saturday. I go to look at dorms. It really isn't that hard.

 Look for the on in between the elevator and the other end of the hall on the 4th floor. Make sure it has two bathrooms and an ok color for paint. I choose number 8.

 I go to the end of the hall, to the elevator, and click to go down. The door bings and I get in. I press 1 and check my phone. The door opens on floor 3 and I barely glance up.

"Who ya texting there, Foster?" I almost drop my phone.

"Keefe?"

"Mhm. See, I live here, so you should know that you will probably see me. Your dream come true!" I roll my eyes and blush.

"Well, you should know that I haven't moved in just yet, so I still have some time to savior the time without you." He gasps and clutches his chest.

"I cannot believe you just said that. And, so I can be ready to expect you, when exactly will you be moving in?"

"Tomorrow, sadly." I mock wiping away a tear. The door opens on the first floor. I wave at him and he just stands there smirking at me.

                                                              <><><><><><><><><><><><>

The next day, I am almost to my floor with all of my boxes, and I put my headphones in and start listening to "Gorgeous" by Taylor Swift. I start jamming out, dancing, and then the door beeps. I immediately stop and pick up my first box.

When the door opens, there is a tall, cute guy with ice-blue eyes waiting for me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Helping you move in."

 "Why?" 

"Cause. Is that all you have?"

''No, the rest is in my car."

"Well. We better unpack this first." He picks up the first box. 

"So, which dorm is yours?"

"Number 8."

                                                        <><><><><><><><><><>

We walk in, and he whistles.

"Well, this is bland. What do we have to brighten up this place?"

"Um, nothing...?"

"Well, that's gotta change. After this, we're goin' to hobby lobby."

"If you say so."

"First things first." He clears his throat. "Who is your roommate?"

"I... actually don't have one."

"Okay, so, That's gotta change. I'm inviting Marella to come over here.

"Who?"

"A girl you're gonna like."

                                               <><><><><><><><><><><>

"...Hi." She says. 

"Hi." Why is this so awkward?

"So, um, yeah. I'm looking for a roommate, but everyone's taken, so, uh..."

"Yes, you can be my roommate."

"Okay! So, I'm Marella. Not Mare. Not Ella. Marella. No nicknames."

"Got it." I nodded.

"So, I'll be by tomorrow to set up my stuff after school. What room do you want?"

"It doesn't really matter to me. I'm fine with either." I say.

"OK! I'll take the big one." I wanted the smaller one, anyway. She asks,

"Do you have a couch?" 

"Yes. And a carpet."

"I have two beanbags." This is becoming better and better!

"Ok, so ima go get ready to move in! Bye! Bye Keefe!" Right. Keefe was there.

"Bye." He says.

                                                      <><><><><><<><><><><><><><>

My room looks officially like my room.

"Thanks for coming today, Keefe. It was really thoughtful of you."

"No problem. I like spending time with you." I blushed. He continues,

"Hey, are you free this Thursday?"

"Yeah. But no kidnapping!"

"You know me so well, Foster." He runs a hand through his hair. He is so cute when he does that.

"Um, so, hey, can I come over tomorrow? To help Marella set up too."

"Yes, Keefe."

"And also, may I see your phone to put my number in it?" I hand it over.

"I'm surprised that I'm not your background, Foster. I am officially offended." He says, shaking his head. I roll my eyes. 

We sit on the couch. He puts his arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder.

WHAT AM I DOING? All I can think about is how we were sitting exactly like this when Fitz broke up/cheated on me. Tears start streaming down my face. I try to wipe them away before Keefe sees, but that is too late.

"Foster? What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I hiccup.

"Hey. You can tell me anything."

"Well," I sob "Fitz broke up with me/told me he cheated on me" I frantically wipe at my tears. "Exactly when he and I were sitting like this."

Keefe looks at me so intensely, I feel self-conscious.

"Well. I think our work here is done," I say, wiping off my tears. 

"It sure is, Foster." He hugs me, and I feel warm and toasty inside. Like I have finally found my place. Then I get a text,

Dex: Hey Sophie, so sorry about earlier. Fitz is a jerk. We didn't know where you were until he told us, which was after lunch ended.

Biana: Yeah, we are SO sorry! :3 We love you and will always be there for you!

Sophie: Thanks, Guys. Y'all rock.