Prologue

Hi everyone! This is my first book/fanfic so don't blame me if this is terrible. I hope that you guys will enjoy this book and I hope that you'll leave comments, whether they are compliments or ways to fix my story and make it better :) SO I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS BOOK/FANFIC!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conner was ready to go back to his normal life as a junior in high school and he was really excited, really excited... for Bree. Conner hasn't stopped thinking about her since the moment she said what she said and slipped through the portal leaving him in a trance. He took a deep breath and walked through the double doors of Willow Crest High. Students walked around the halls, chatting with their friends that they hadn't seen all summer.

"Hey! Conner! I haven't seen you all summer! Were you too busy saving the world or something?" his best friend, Lucas said

"Haha... Uh... Y-yup. Looks like I was unsuccessful, though, because you're standing right here," Conner laughed nervously even though he knew very well that what Lucas said was true.

"Wow, dude. That's harsh." Lucas said pretending to look deeply hurt. "Well, I don't wanna get detention on my first day. Good luck this year. Don't die. Catch you later, man." Lucas gave him a hard pat on the back and walked away.

Conner continued to walk down the hall searching for Bree, not giving up until the bell rang. As soon as he made his second right turn, scanning the halls with herds of students, he saw Bree's signature purple beanie in the corner of his eye. Conner froze when she saw her, unable to string his next words together as he watched Bree turn left and right looking as if she was searching for someone in particular. Finally, when she turned around in defeat from the bell, she saw Conner's bright blue eyes staring right at her, and Conner noticed her blue and pink bangs above her hazel eyes looking right at him.

"Oh, uh... hey!" Conner said awkwardly to break the silence, he could feel the rush of his blood swelling through his cheeks and face.

"Oh hi," Bree answered casually, even though her heart was beating like crazy. "Listen, the bell just rang... do you wanna have lunch together outside today? Then we can talk without feeling... rushed."

"Uh, yeah sure... " Conner said, sounding a little disappointed. "I'll see you at lunch, then."

"Yeah, see you later," Bree replied as she started walking away.

Bree started walking to her first class, and Conner watched her as she left. When Bree finally took a left and disappeared down the next hall, he snapped and realized how late he was for class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Conner had finished his morning classes he grabbing his lunch from his locker and went to the courtyard for lunch, and looked for Bree. He walked to the centre of the courtyard and found her sitting by a tree, reading a book and listening to music with one earbud under the shade, while a turkey sandwich sat next to her. He walked nervously toward the tree but when he was halfway there Lydia came in front of him. Lydia was a junior as well with light blonde hair, sea-blue eyes, and slightly tanned skin, she was one of the prettiest girls in Willow Crest High.

"Hey, Conner!" she said excitedly. "Those jokes that you made in class, they're hilarious. You never fail to make me laugh," she said flirtatiously. Bree looked up, wondering who was flirting with each other right in front of where she sat. Lydia stood next to him, twirling her finger through her hair. She was flirting so closely, Bree could hear Lydia through her earbuds.