Girlfriend, Boyfriend

Elizabeth lied on an air mattress in between Angie's mattress and Christian's bed. She sighed with a small smile on her face and covered her face with the blanket, remembering the events of last night. Did Ben like her? It was like a dream come true.

She lifted her blanket up, eyes closed. Had school started yet? Right, her friends had promised to wake her up and she trusted them. Next week would be the last week of her sophomore year before the summer break, something she was looking forward to. Her smile grew. Life was great.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" Christian asked, interrupting Elizabeth's appreciation for the day.

Her smile was replaced with a fake angry look as she opened her eyes. Immediately, water splashed down on her face, soaking the mattress and the pillow. Her mouth opened in surprise as Christian laughed like a hyena.

"Oh my gosh, you poured water on her?" Angie said, coming out of the bathroom and holding back laughter.

Elizabeth's feeling of happiness she'd felt earlier didn't fade one bit and she laughed along with her friends. A knock on the door put a short stop to their laughter and they all tried to calm down, still smiling like dorks. Elizabeth froze, realizing it might be Ben knocking. Christian opened the door to his mom telling them that breakfast was ready. Elizabeth immediately let out a sigh of disappointment and a bit of relief.

"H-hey guys, I have to tell you something... pretty important." Elizabeth said, partially stammering.

"What is it?" Angie asked, king of worried.

"Yeah, tell us you've never stammered before," Christian said, surprisingly sounding worried.

"Well, I... last night I got bored of the movie and went downstairs to grab a drink cause I was thirsty. Then Ben showed up and he started stammering about how he wanted to tell me something, AND THEN HE JUST KISSED ME! " Elizabeth finished her rambling and took a deep breath, seriously in need of oxygen.

Angie gasped and put her hands over her mouth. "I knew he liked you! I knew it!" she said excitedly.

"Yeah but the thing is... I kissed him back and I didn't regret it! " Elizabeth shouted.

Christian held out his hands, palms out. "Wait, wait, wait. You kissed my brother? I mean, you do you, but are you guys gonna... like... start dating or something? Or was it a one-time thing?" he asked.

Angie waited anxiously for an answer.

"Um... to be honest I actually have... NO IDEA!" Elizabeth panicked.

"Woah, I've never seen you panic like this before." Christian chuckled with a bit of nervousness for the amount of energy in her voice.

"I'm losing it! What should I do! He didn't even tell me he liked me! He just went in for the kiss!" Elizabeth shouted.

"Woah, now you sound like me, which is unbelievable because we're total opposites," Christian said in disbelief.

"Take a deep breath Ellie, you're going to be fine," Angie said, trying to soothe her.

"You're right, I just gotta chill," Elizabeth said.

Elizabeth took a few deep breaths and got up to go to the bathroom, she washed her face, brushed her teeth, and did her business. Then Elizabeth got her clothes and changed into a white short sleeve fishnet drawstring hoodie, a white cami shirt under it, light blue ripped jean shorts, white running shoes with thick heels she wore the day before, and she put her hair in dutch braids.