Is It Wrong To Like My Bestfriend's Brother?

After Elizabeth bought her book at Wilson's Bookstore and listened to her Dad's history with the bookstore and a treehouse, Elizabeth had asked her dad to drive her to Christian's house for a hangout. As they neared Christian's house, Elizabeth's dad reminded her of all the rules he had in store for every party or hangout she went to.

"Elizabeth, you know how to take care of yourself and I know that, but don't forget to be responsible, respectful, and make sure not to-" her dad was cut off before he could finish his sentence.

"DAD! I know. You don't have to say it! I'll follow the rules and everything so you don't have to worry about me." Elizabeth said.

"Alright, alright... I don't really want to talk about it anyway, just go, and have fun, I love you, and just to make sure, are you sleeping over at Christian's house tonight?" her dad asked.

"Yeah, it's probably going to be late anyway so I'll be sleeping at Christian's, love you!" Elizabeth said as she walked away from the car.

Elizabeth's dad waved from the car window and drove away right after she entered the house. Christian lived in a medium-sized modern house and it was beautiful, the house had what seemed like thousands of windows, a patio on the right side of the house, a pool in the very front with the staircase leading to the house next to it, and a white balcony with a glass boundary lining the edges.

"Hi, Mrs. Black, it's nice to see you again!" Elizabeth said.

"Oh hi, Elizabeth, I guess I can say it hasn't been a long time!" Mrs. Black chuckled.

Elizabeth visited often and was very comfortable in the house and around his family.

"They're upstairs in Christian's room." Mrs. Black said as though she knew exactly what Elizabeth was going to ask. She turned her head to the stairs. "Christian! Elizabeth's here!"

Elizabeth heard Christian shout something back, then thanked Mrs. Black and went up the white marble stairs. Then she turned left towards Christian's bedroom. Suddenly, a teenage boy around 5'7" with slightly tanned skin, messy brunette hair, and bangs hanging close to his hazel coloured eyes appeared right in front of Elizabeth and crashed into her. Elizabeth almost fell on the cold marble floor but right before she did, she felt a hand catch her. When she opened her eyes she saw that Ben had caught her and was leaning so close she could feel his breath.

"Look, if you guys are done obsessing over each other, then can you leave and you hang out with your best friends, me like you're supposed to?" Christian suddenly shouted from across the hallway.

Elizabeth was shocked and her face turned a light shade of pink, when she looked back at Ben she noticed he was slightly blushing as well. Finally, Ben helped Elizabeth stand back up and she picked up her bag.

"It was an accident, I walked up the stairs and when I-" Elizabeth started.

"Yeah, yeah whatever, we don't need to hear the romantic details," Christian said.

Angelina let out a small chuckle and looked away once she noticed Elizabeth glaring at her.

"There not-, you know what never mind, and Ben, I'm sorry you had to put up with him for all those years. Usually, the sibling hates the sibling and friend loves the sibling, but in your case, Christian can be a big exception himself " Elizabeth roasted.

Ben smirked and Angelina raised her eyebrows and pumped her fist in the air without Christian seeing, cheering her on. Well, at least, she thought. Christian turned around and narrowed his eyes like he was mad while smiling playfully.

"Aw, come on, no fair, you're much better at doing this instead of me~" Christian whined.

"Well, sucks to be you then," Elizabeth chuckled. "Can we go watch some tv or something?"

"Well, I gotta go anyway, see you later?" Ben asked them.

"Yeah, by you, you mean Elizab-" Christian got cut off by Elizabeth pressing her hand against Christian's mouth.

"Yeah we'll see you later," Elizabeth smiled through her gritted teeth.

Ben walked down the stairs, waving to the group of three. Elizabeth rolled her eyes at Christian and shoved him playfully.

"Haha, that was funny," Christian laughed.

"You never give up do you, you talk so much your mouth swells up like a chipmunk." Elizabeth roasted again.

"Hey, it is not-, I'm in the middle of a growth spurt all right!" Christian exclaimed.

Elizabeth and Angelina laughed so hard they fell back onto the bed and held their stomachs from the pain of their laughter. They decided to watch a movie and picked "IT Chapter 2", Elizabeth got thirsty during the middle of the movie and kind of bored, so she decided to grab a drink downstairs. Elizabeth opened the fridge and got a can of Pepsi out, just as she took her first sip she saw Ben coming into the kitchen.

"Hey, you thirsty?" Ben asked.

"Yeah just came down to get a drink," Elizabeth told him... "Also, your brother's freaking out over IT chapter 2."

Ben laughed and so did she.

"Hey Ellie, I've been meaning to tell you something that's been on my mind for... a long time actually," Ben said.

"Um yeah, what do you want to tell me?" Elizabeth said.

"U-uh, well I just was wondering, u-um well I w-wanted to t-tell you," Ben stammered while rubbing the back of his hair.

Screw it. Ben thought. Suddenly without warning, Ben leaned in and kissed Elizabeth on the lips. Elizabeth was shocked and didn't know what to do. Why is he doing this? Does he like me, what is going on!? Elizabeth thought, but to her surprise, she kissed him back, and she didn't regret it.