Control

Suddenly, black lightning crackled around Elizabeth like crazy and she widened her eyes in pain, "AAAHHHHHHH!!!"

"I-I CAN'T!" Elizabeth screamed through her gritted teeth.

The few seconds that her real self seeped through ended quickly and the ball of powerful magic began to build up in her hand again. Elizabeth looked around with her black-red eyes scanning the ground below for anyone who was trying to hold her back.

No one seemed like they were preparing any attacks and the demon inside Elizabeth seemed to decide to move on from where they were. Elizabeth flew higher into the now cloudy sky and left her friends behind. She didn't want to leave them; where was she even going? She hoped that she wouldn't hurt more people, but she knew she was going to. The spellbook was in her hand, she just had to gain enough control to see if there was anything else written on the page of the spell.

She continued flying over the kingdom, eventually seeing the bridge they'd crossed a while ago. Elizabeth felt a huge pang of guilt and regret. If she hadn't let that angry part of her control her and cast the spell, none of this would've happened and everyone would be safe. She could do this, right? All she had to do was get some control for a minute or so. She thought about Ben, about all the good times they had had in the past few weeks, and then about all the times, he'd warned her about magic. He'd just been trying to keep her safe, not keep her from her abilities as she'd stupidly thought.

Her aunt was probably the relative she loved spending time with the most, and she too had told her not to use magic. She was the Fairy Godmother. Why hadn't Elizabeth woken up and realized that she wasn't as all-knowing as she thought she was.

Now this... demon was taking over her body and magic. It was Elizabeth's own fault, but she wasn't going to let herself lose control and maybe everything she had along with it. She suddenly noticed that she'd started to slow down. They were in the middle of nowhere and there was no one around. What were they doing there?

"What are we-" she paused.

She had it. She had control. Elizabeth quickly grabbed the spellbook and found the page she was looking for. In tiny writing she hadn't noticed before were two words that were underlined: Black Magic.

So it was. Of course, it was, fairy magic would never allow some demon loose to possess things, even if they were ogres that were breaking the law.

A brief warning was written under the title: Remember and beware, for you may be unaware. The demon will be unleashed and there will be no peace.

There had to be some kind of tip or cure... Elizabeth looked around the page, flipping through the book and scanning for anything that could help, but there was nothing. She felt panic with not knowing how to fix her mistakes and lost all control. The book was put away and Elizabeth began to move once again.

She felt like giving up. There was no hope for her, no cure. She would be possessed for life with nothing she could do about it.

No. She couldn't give up so quickly. She had to find some way out of this. I was so stupid, what was I thinking, I'm not meant to be a fairy, and I've been so rude to Ben.

"ELIZABETH!" Ben screamed from below.

Elizabeth felt her eyes widen. She looked down and saw Ben panting, out of air, and face full of worry.

"Please...," he pleaded, out of breath.

She didn't know what to do, well she didn't know what she could do.

"Elizabeth... I know you can do it! Just please... come back...," Ben said.

Elizabeth knew she had to overcome it, it was her fault in the first place, she had to pull it together and take responsibility. She didn't move, giving her real self-time to think of what to do. The whole spell relied on anger, specifically the angriest part. If she used simple logic, well, as logical as magic could be, she needed to change the angriest part of her from the part that wanted to have power to another, less threatening part.