A Brilliant Plan For Love Part 2

Waiting is always boring, especially when you're waiting for something that could change your life forever.

"Oh Julia," Jake sings my name and I giggle slightly, my nerves calming down.

"Yes?" I answer.

Jake holds his backpack straps tightly. "Your brother was watching us." He giggles this time. "And you seem sort of jumpy, what's up?"

I cough a little and take a deep breath through my nose. "Nothing, I just didn't finish my Math and it's due today." I fix up a lie and ignore his stare.

Jake nods and shivers, "it's so cold now." He groans and I silently thank him for changing the subject.

"Anyways, school's about to start and we aren't near that building yet. C'mon, let's go."

Jake stares at me in amusement. "Excited, aren't we?"

No, just nervous. "Yeah," I say.

Jake frowns slightly. "Are you alright, Julia?" Jake feels my forehead and presses his lips together. "You're sick, Julia. You can't go to school." He tells me and my heart stops.

I force a smile, "no I'm not." I laugh. "I just feel a little under the weather. It's nothing serious."

Jake stares at the ground. "You are," he sighs.

"What's wrong?" I worry. When he doesn't answer, my heart begins to pound and my blood freezes. "Jake? Jake, what's the matter?"

I tilt his chin up gently and see his eyes rimmed red. "It feels like you're hiding something." He chokes out and I bite my lip. "Why won't you tell me?" His voice cracks.

If I tell you, Jake, it would ruin everything. I think to myself. I wish I could, Jake. I wish I could tell you I love you.

"Jake," we stare in each others eyes in silence, our gaze intense. "I love you."

There's no smile on his face. Not even a frown. His face stays straight and steady. "I love you too, Julia." He grabs my hand and I grin at his warmth. "Come on, let's get you home. I'll stay with you." He kisses my cheek.

My smile dies down. "I love you," I whisper so very low. "I love you so very much, Jake. I love you."

* * *

"Why don't you sit down and I'll make you a proper breakfast."

I nod my head and move to the couch, my eyes droopy. "What are you making?" I ask a couple of seconds later.

Jake walks over to the living room with an apron wrap around his waist. "Eggs," he answers and grins when I snort unladylike. "What?" He stares at me innocently, humour flashing through his eyes. "Oh, this?" He points to the apron, "don't you think yellow looks nice on me? Brings out my eyes, doesn't it?"

I run a hand down my face and groan. "You really need to take that off. You look ridiculous," I mumble.

Jake fakes a frown. "I thought I looked pretty sexy." I blush and look away. "Take a picture, please?" He gives me the puppy dog look and I sigh.

"Fine," I grab my phone off of the table and bite my lip to hide a laugh. "Stop posing like that." I tell him.

"But this is my sexy pose?" He tries and finally takes his hand off of his popped hipbone.

I give him a straight face. "Put that butt back, Jake." I warn. Jake rolls his eyes and stops sticking out his butt. "Thank you," I grin and snap the photo. "Now make me my food." I order.

Jake rolls his eyes. "Alright, Princess." I put my head under the blankets and smile.

* * *

I feel my shoulder being tapped. "Julia?"