Bad News

Your POV:

"Sonic... He's gone...  I can't believe it...." Amy whimpers, tears constantly running down her face, not seeming to stop while you silently fly the plane. A few tears run down your face but you refuse to cry. Despite you only meeting him some days before, you know he would not want you or anyone to cry. You just have to believe he is still alive. Somehow. 
"Y/n! Come in, y/n! Do you hear me?" Tails' voice rings through the radio, startling you.
"Y-Yeah. I hear you..." You reply, your voice almost failing you.
"We heard an explosion. What happened?" Tails asks.
"The Death Egg... It's destroyed... And we got the Emerald-" Your voice broke as you couldn't come to tell him about Sonic.
"That's great! So it was a good idea to send you guys there!" You hear Tails say happily.  "Alright. Let's meet at my place."
"Alright..." You simply reply as you end the call.
"H-How are we going to tell them....?" Amy finally spoke. "Maybe if we hadn't come here...."
"Amy.... Now's not the time to regret.... Besides, you of all people should believe he's alive more than anyone...." you glance at her as you spoke
"I do... I really do... But..." Amy's voice fails her as she bursts into more tears. You understand what she wanted to say.
It was extremely hard to believe. No one could possibly have survived that.

~~~~~•~~~~~

"Guys, you made it!" Tails runs to you as you and Amy made it to his house. Then the question you were dreading to hear came. "Where's Sonic?"
You walk past him, holding Amy's arm "We'll explain inside.... Everyone is there right?"
"Oh, uh, yeah," Tails past you and opens the door. You walk in to see everyone looking at you two.
"Hm. Faker isn't here. For someone so fast, he tends to be late a lot..." Shadow scoffs. Your ear twitches in slight annoyance.
"Where is he? You two were with him during the mission," Knuckles asks, looking at you. You feel a lot of pressure now as everyone was expecting an answer. You had never been in a position like this. You had just met the blue hero a few days ago and now you have to say 'He's gone' in front of his whole team. But you manage to muster up every ounce of courage and look at them.
"He.... He made himself a diversion for us to escape... Some robot called Mecha Sonic nearly knocked us down but he faced off against it and drove it away from us while we were taking off... Before we could turn back, the Death Egg exploded..... And we found no trace of him... At all..." You summarize the tragic event the best way your voice could allow you. Shock and anger is written in the face of everyone as they all seem to have understood the reality of what was just said. Deafening silence fills the room till...
"Sonic's.... Gone....?" Tails mutters in disbelief.
"Tch... Always such a reckless idiot..." Shadow crosses his arms. Knuckles gets up and walks outside. Rouge just sighs
"But you at least got the Emeralds right?" Shadow looks at you. You take them out and throw them to him wordlessly.
"I guess we have to think up a new plan..." Tails sighs, ears flattened on his head.
You can't take it anymore as you run out to your place, a tear running down your face as you finally give in to the tears you were holding back. You never understood how heroes see tragedies but still keep fighting. Now you were put in that position, you now know how exactly they do it. It's not that they don't cry because they're brave. But it's because they can't afford to let others lose hope. So to be a shining light to others, they hold back their tears. But that being the case...
Then who comforts the heroes....? The thought crosses your mind as you lock your door behind you after you enter and slide to the floor, more tears falling to the ground. Despite the fact that you had only met the blue blur a few days ago, he had already proven himself to be a friend and a rival you could trust. Now he was gone.....

Count- 722 words

Ah geez... 15K?! This is crazy!!! I just began this for fun. I never would've dreamed it would reach THIS high!! Thank you so much! Sorry this is a bit short. I kinda didn't have anything to add anymore.