20. Recovery

This chapter is super sucky in my opinion.

I hope you enjoy it though.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It has been two incredibly uneventful weeks that I've spent in this hospital.

To say I'm happy to be leaving would be and understatement.

The nurse says that my ribs should heal in two more weeks which therefore means that I still have to rest.

Charlotte has already warned us about the impatient paparazzi that are waiting outside the hospital.

"What are you most excited for?" Avery asks me as she helps me pack my bag

"To sleep in my own bed again" I quickly answer which causes her to laugh

Hospital beds are okay.

But my bed at home is so much comfier.

There is a knock on the door before Charlotte walks into the room carrying a hoodie and a pair of leggings.

Avery smirks mischievously as she zips up my bag.

"I'll just leave you two alone" she says as Charlotte enters the room

Avery stands up from my hospital bed only to quickly make her way out of my hospital room, closing the door behind her.

Okay, that was weird.

"What's her problem?" Charlotte asks as she walks up to me and wraps her arms around my waist

Thank the lords that I woke up extra early so that I could brush my teeth before packing up all of my belongings.

Originally I was going to wait until after I was done packing my bag.

"I don't know" I reply with a shrug as I bring my hands up to gently rest against her soft cheeks

I quickly lean in and place a meaningful peck on her soft lips before smiling up at her. Her bright green eyes are currently staring down at my brown ones with nothing but adoration visible.

"Are they still out there?" I ask her with a serious tone as I sit down on the hospital bed

She sighs sadly since she already knows what I am talking about as she grabs the hoodie and helps me slip it over my head.

"Yeah and more are beginning to show up" Charlotte replies informatively

I sigh sadly as I push my weak arms through the sleeves of the hoodie.

A con of her coming back has definitely been the paparazzi. They won't leave her alone!

Her and I are missing out on valuable alone time thanks to these pesky photographers.

As I get the black hoodie comfortably situated around my body I immediately smile as the smell of her light perfume hits my nostrils.

"Just so we're on the same page, you're not getting this back" I say as I motion to the hoodie that I am currently wearing

She genuinely laughs at my declaration before grabbing the black pair of leggings from beside me.

"That's cute, babe" she comments with an amused tone of voice

She thinks I'm kidding.

I'm not.

She expertly helps me pull the comfy leggings up my legs, making sure to lightly squeeze my butt as her hands make their way up my legs.