Epilogue

I kind of feel like the time skips in this chapter are a bit confusing.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Five Years Later

Where do I start?

Charlotte and I both went to a local college since we could not part from our families for too long.

She already went away once and she couldn't bare the thought of leaving her mother again.

I chose to stay because of the wonderful opportunities our city had to offer.

My girlfriend being here with me was just a bonus.

A couple months ago Charlotte went on tour.

It was incredibly hard to say goodbye to her but I knew that this would be an amazing opportunity for her.

I chose not to go with her because I wanted to give us a break from each other.

Not the kind of break that you're thinking of.

We're still together, we have been living with each other for years now and it only seems right to have a small break away from each other.

Today is her last show so she offered to fly all of us out.

She seemed different on the phone, almost secretive.

"Avery, I want to see my girlfriend" I whine with an annoyed tone of voice as I flop back onto the break room couch

We arrived to the venue an hour ago.

As soon as we did it was chaos.

There were multiple screaming teenagers outside who immediately noticed me, not to mention the security guards who's mood instantly brightened at my appearance.

Charlotte was supposedly backstage while her friend, who is also performing tonight, was rehearsing.

I wanted to stay and watch but Bella quickly ushered Avery and I into a break room backstage.

I tried to ask her why I have to stay in here but she just ignored me and locked the door.

"You'll see Charlotte soon" she says as she continues to lean against the door

Ugh.

What are they planning?

"You've been saying that for an hour" I groan out as I sit up

I hear my phone go off which causes me to furrow my brows as I check it. The text is from my mom and it reads 'Come to the right pit, we have a surprise for you'.

I practically jump up from the couch and push Avery out of the way, not that she put up much of a fight, before opening the door and running out of the room.

Okay, now I know that they're planning something.

She's been blocking me from leaving the room for the past hour, but when I get a text message she immediately clears the way for me.

As I make my way towards the designated area I don't miss the sound of my girlfriend singing one of my favorite songs.

"Don't say no no no no no,

Just say yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah,

And we'll go go go go go,

If you're ready, like I'm ready,