Chapter 12- Will

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in so long I just ended up going on vacation and had no internet access. I am not and will never give up on this story. Thank you guys so much for reading.

It's been a month since we destroyed the diadem. A month filled with research, classes, and Nico getting in trouble with Umbridge.

Care of magical Creatures had to be my favorite class. It's really hard to admire the beauty of the creatures when they're trying to rip your face off. Surprising, I know. But I don't think Neeks likes it much, all of the animals run away from him in fear of death.

We have been searching for more of the horcrux's and I made a suggestion to enter the ROR to look for more of them. That brought us to our current situation, digging through piles of junk.

"Hey, I think I found something," I heard Nico yell and I immediately ran over to him. He was holding a black leather-bound book with a large hole in it, ink staining the pages. "It has Tom's name on the back, like a diary of sorts."

I used my light bending so that I could see better and the ink seemed to suddenly move into words. Maybe you had to use a sun spell to be able to see it. Like invisible ink.

Professor told me about horcruxs and I believe they are a good start to my immortality. Until I am able to access the three hallows these will have to do, the only question is how many?

I do not wish to do too many, if I lose too much of my soul I may also lose sight of the task at hand. But also I wish to have enough to be properly protected.

I have decided on six. No less or more on my conquest.

Hades said that there was seven of them in total. This means Harry, if he even is a horcrux, was a mistake. This could either be a very good or very bad thing. All I knew was one thing, we had to figure out the others quick.

As I exchanged a look with Nico we came to a silent agreement that we had to read the whole thing. I put away my light and the words suddenly vanished from the page.

"I'll research his past and anything I can find about his family while you read the diary," Nico ordered. "We need to make note of anything important."

"Got it," I quickly pecked his lips and he started to the library while I walked to my dorm.

The sound of my shoes echoed through the empty halls as I made my way to the kitchens. I was surprised at the lack of people out on a Saturday morning then figured they must have been sleeping in. I was always a bit more of a morning person.

I was suddenly cut off by none other than Harry Potter walking in front of me. Of course his poesy of Gryffindors were there too.

"Hey Will," he said with a serious look. "We have something to ask you."

"Well," I was starting to get annoyed by them, "I have nothing to hide."

"We know about Di Angelo's father," Hermione budded in.

My eyes widened in shock and I reacted immediately. "You guys can't tell anyone! And he's not as bad as people make him out to be. I've met him before, he's just a little intimidating."

"Just a little intimidating?" Harry scoffed. "He's a horrible person who has done unspeakable things."

"That's just his job," I sighed in annoyance. "Plus he only punishes people for being on the wrong side."

Ron scoffed, "You disgust me."

"Wait a minute," I realized, "who do you even think his dad is."

"It's obviously Voldemort," Harry scowled while the other two flinched.

Maybe it wasn't that good of an idea to laugh. I realized this a bit too late and I was on the floor dying of relief and laughter. Tears brimmed my eyes at their accusation and despite my instincts telling me to treat this seriously I couldn't help it.

"Do not let Neeks dad hear you say that, he just might kill you," I said, wiping a tear away.

"That's impossible, I saw Nico's dark mark," at this my face darkened, being reminded of everything he went through.

"Do not," I demanded with my wand pointed a them, "ever accuse him of something like that ever again. It is not a dark mark and do not ask about it, it's a personal subject for the both of us. Do you understand?"

"Y-yes," they stuttered in fear.

"Good."

I strutted past them in anger. How dare they even let that thought cross their brain? He has saved the entire world as we know it too many times to be fair.

I knocked the barrels that revealed the entrance to our common room to the tune of we will rock you. I entered the commons with annoyance and entered my dorms, shutting the curtains and pulling out the diary.

I lit up the small place and started reading the messed up pages from the beginning. Some of it was useless and about his plans for world domination. Then I found something interesting.

He wanted something from each of the founders other than Gryffindor as horcrux's. That does explain the choice of the diadem and I decided I could ask around for something of Hufflepuff.

Nico's POV

Frustration that I knew only Will or sleep could cure coursed through my veins as I read through the books. Why couldn't father just tell us what they were? It would not only make our jobs easier, but his work lessened.

I looked thorough the family trees, trying to find something that could give a hint to a horcrux. I looked through all of the pure lines when something caught my attention. Marvlo. The name of a direct decedent of Slytherin and Tom Riddle's middle name.

I ran to the lake and made sure the coast was clear before digging a hole. I poured orange juice I was saving for later and a chip I found on the ground as an offering and summoned his spirit. The temperature flickered for a moment before the man appeared in front of me with a deep scowl on his face.

"What do you want?" he damanded.

"Are you Marvlo?" I questioned.

"Yes, I am," the man growled out.

"Do you know anything about a Tom Riddle?" I asked politly.

"He's the boy my whore of a daughter was pining after. Guess that good for nothing slut had some magic in her because she managed to spell him and ended up with a child," He almost yelled in anger.

He's Riddle's grand father.

"Did you have any special relics or objects you were proud of?"

"We had the Salazar Slytherin's locket in our possession, handed down throughout the generations," he had a sort of dreamy look in his eyes as he spoke and I cur the connection before others tried to join.

I had to tell Will about this.

I can't even believe I reached 1.4k reads. This is actually insane.