Chapter 11- Nico

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, I had major writers block for a while. Hope you like the chapter.

Thankfully, we didn't have potions with the famous group. I sat down at a table with Will at my side as we brewed the drought of peace. It was pretty hard to do, a bit more precise than cooking, but I managed. Can't say the same for Will, he blew his cauldron up a few times.

After class I got my schedule change to Magical Creatures, successfully annoying Snape, and started heading to lunch. Tonight was my first detention with Umbitch and I had no idea what she would make me and Harry do.

"Hey," I said to Blaise as I sat down.

"Hi," he said back. "So, you got detention."

"Shut up," I said with a roll of my eyes and a shrug. He laughed me and I grumbled, putting a bit of mashed potatoes and a couple of peas on my plate. After the jar I haven't had much of an appetite.

It was then that a boy chlothed in yellow sat next to me and piled food onto my plate saying "What did I tell you about eating."

"That I need to do more of it," I said with a roll of my eyes at the boy.

"Dam right," he mumbled then seemed to notice Blaise. "Oh, hi. I'm Will Solace, you must be Blaise."

Zambini held out his hand for Will to shake and the boy did so happily. "It's a pleasure to meet the boy Nico talks so highly of."

Will had to go back to the Hufflepuff table and Blaise and I talked about random stuff. I ate about a quarter of what was forced onto my plate and the rest of the day was a blur. Then, sadly, it was time for detention.

Will sent me off with a kiss on the cheek and I went into the room, immediately disgusted by the harsh amount of pink. It was only her in the room and while we waited for Harry she greeted me.

"Hello Mr. Di Angelo," she said with a sickeningly sweet smile. I only sat down with a roll of my eyes, angering the ugly beast. Before she could argue Harry walked in, "Good evening, Mr. Potter.

"Evening," He replied oddly.

"Well, sit down," she gestured to a chair next to me and he did as she said.

"err," Harry started, "Professor Umbridge. I have a favor to ask of you."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "oh, yes?"

"Well I'm...I'm on the Gryffindor Quidditch team," Harry said nervously. "And I was supposed to be at the tryouts for the new Keeper at five o'clock on Friday and I was — was wondering whether I could skip detention that night and do it — do it another night . . . instead . . ."

"Oh no," said Umbridge, smiling so widely that she looked as though she had just swallowed a particularly juicy fly. "Oh no, no, no. This is your punishment for spreading evil, nasty, attention-seeking stories, Mr. Potter, and punishments certainly cannot be adjusted to suit the guilty one's convenience.

"No, you will come here at five o'clock tomorrow, and the next day, and on Friday too, and you will do your detentions as planned. I think it rather a good thing that you are missing something you really want to do. It ought to reinforce the lesson I am trying to teach you."

It took every fiber of my being not to snort. If I didn't know any better I'd say she was a monster in disguise, but she doesn't seem to have the mental capacity for even that. This horrid woman was so arrogantly ignorant that she couldn't realize the truth from lies.

"There," said Umbridge sweetly, "we're getting better at controlling our temper already, aren't we? Now, you are going to be doing some lines for me, Mr. Potter. No, not with your quill," she added, as Harry bent down to open his bag. "You're going to be using a rather special one of mine. Here you are."