⿻ Y. NISHINOYA - "netflix date"

————N E T F L I X  D A T E yū nishinoya

————
N E T F L I X D A T E
yū nishinoya

w a r n i n g s : none
c a t e g o r y : fluff
————

Unusual and spontaneity surrounded Nishinoya like a cloud, but the text he sent you certainly topped your growing list of peculiar happenings. It wasn't so much the content of the message that surprised you, rather it was that it came with no prior mention. He had asked if you could come over to his house once club practice finished. The two of you were on good terms, definitely friends, and you'd been to his house before along with Ennoshita and Tanaka for study sessions when exam season rolled around.

         But Nishinoya has never gone out of his way to ask if you could come over this suddenly and it didn't sound like there would be anyone else joining this time around. From the way he had phrased the text, it also sounded urgent— you really hoped it wasn't another failed math quiz he needed help in hiding from his parents.

         Even if the text wasn't urgent, you still would've gone because of one glaring reason. A reason Ennoshita labelled as 'blatantly obvious' since first year when the four of you met. You had a massive crush on Nishinoya and you'd do anything he asked with no complaint. As obvious as Ennoshita made it sound, Nishinoya never whispered a word of it to you, much to your relief. Perhaps he didn't know or chose to not make you feel awkward.

         Regardless of the reasoning, you didn't go home once school ended and idled in the library until the time came when you knew club practice should have concluded. All that time, your head rushed with curiosity as to what could be so important— why did Nishinoya ask to see you, you pondered almost obsessively.

         Grateful that he lived close to school, if he didn't you were certain it wasn't his grades he would be held back for but tardiness; his hair didn't get its signature height all that easily. It didn't take you long to reach his house. A path you had committed to memory the first time he showed the group where he lived for study sessions.

         You reached the doorstep and held up a hand to knock, but stopped just a few inches away from the wood. A sudden wave of anxious worries washed over you. Was your hair messy from the nonexistent breeze that evening? Did your uniform get wrinkled in the leisurely pace you took to stroll here? Were you too eager with your timing and perhaps he wasn't even home yet? All the thoughts, down to the last detail plagued your mind and with every passing second, you were that much closer to turning around and leaving.

         "No, I came all this way," You whispered to yourself, firmly shaking away the ominous doubt in your mind.

         Once again, taking a deep breath and raising a hand to knock, you were prepared for a mental countdown to three.

         One

         Two

         You drew your fist back and—