❀ e. semi

*continuation of Valentine's Day Oneshot*————W H I T E  D A Yeita semi

————
W H I T E  D A Y
eita semi

w a r n i n g s : none
c a t e g o r y : fluff
————

"So how are things with you and your girl? I don't see the two of you around together very often," Tendou asks from somewhere in his evening daze, unaware of just how sudden his question came off.

Caught completely off-guard by the switch in topic from snide and quiet back-handed remarks while watching the evening volleyball practice as retired club members, Semi clears his throat; the third years' attention has been redirected towards him. "We're not together," he curtly states, clearly the topic is fresh and sensitive.

"What— why not?" Now fully awake, Tendou sits upright, "I thought you were crazy about that girl? Weren't you so disgustingly happy when you received chocolates from her on Valentine's Day?"

"The only disgusting thing here is how they tasted." Under his breath, Semi quietly adds, "And they weren't for me in the first place."

"Eh— But when I tried to take one for research purposes, you swatted my hand away."

"So what if I did," Semi finally snaps. His cheeks have grown from a blushing pink to a bright crimson while watching the smug smile on Tendou's face only get wider and wider with his provocations, fully enjoying himself as he made Semi increasingly flustered.

Deflating onto his back once again, Tendou sighs, "Why are you doing this to yourself, Semi-Semi? You like her, but you've been avoiding her, haven't you? She asks for you, you know— all the time."

"I did her a favor, it's only natural she feels guilty. She doesn't like me. She just ran into me on Valentine's Day and I listened to her complain when her original plans went to shit. That's all."

Tendou feigns a pained gasp, clutching his chest as he curls in on himself. "I must be in the presence of a man touched by the Lord. You would never do a favor for anyone. Much less someone who happened to just 'run into you' fatefully."

"I'm a changed man."

"Bullshit!" Tendou bolts upright once again, pointing a shaking finger at Semi, "Admit that you like her, you selfish jerk!"

Semi glares, irate and short of patience with the persistence Tendou is displaying at trying to have a deep conversation with him. In a strained voice, enunciating every syllable, he retorts, "Absolutely. Not."

"Wakatoshi!" Tendou cries out in desperation, crawling over to Ushijima on his stomach.

Ushijima, having been beside the two this entire time reading the latest issue of Shonen Jump, has been pretending to not listen to the two bicker back and forth— as per usual— but he kept an ear keen to voice his opinions mentally. Now, like a pest, Tendou rests his head on Ushijima's lap and looks up at him with saucer eyes pleading for help.