ఇ e. semi

————V A L E N T I N E ' S  D A Yeita semi

————
V A L E N T I N E ' S  D A Y
eita semi

w a r n i n g s : none
c a t e g o r y : tsundere ?
————

Valentine's Day was a stupid holiday, you decided rather definitively after being rejected for the third year in a row by another aimless crush you had; he didn't even know your name.

To save face, you went in the most opposite direction you could from the boy who had just shattered your last hope for a sweet high school romance. There would be no more chances after today to confess, you were already in your third year and would be graduating come spring next month. It didn't matter where your shaky footsteps took you, all that mattered was getting as far away from the scene of the crime as possible; the brutal stab you took full force to your heart.

Tightly, you clutched the cellophane bag containing the results of your hard work the night before — homemade chocolates. "What a waste," you sneered under your breath, almost angry enough to throw the bag down in frustration. Perhaps you should've spent less time focused on the redding, narrow field of your angered vision and more time looking ahead at where you were going.

You could only faintly hear muffled voices, you weren't paying attention, before colliding suddenly into a body. A body that winced upon impact and hissed through their teeth, maybe even uttered a curse under their breath. You too let out a shocked breath from having the wind knocked out of you for the second time that afternoon. The chocolates were the main casualty in the scuffle, dropping to the floor as the cellophane crinkled loudly the moment it became acquainted with the ground.

You stumbled back a step, but it was the chocolates' turn for revenge. Getting underfoot, you stepped on the package and lost your balance all before properly looking up to apologize. You exclaimed, startled, but accepted that falling on your ass was probably what you deserved for not watching where you were going in the first place. Instead of fighting for your balance, you tried to brace for impact then a hand reached out to grab your arm firmly.

Yanking back up, too forcefully, once again you crashed into someone who smelled of pine and something fresh. It was too late, you wrapped your arms protectively around their waist and closed your eyes, squeezing them tightly in a panic.

"What the hell are you doing," the person— a male— asked, but it sounded like an aggressive demand. The voice was all the more intimidating since you first heard it tumble from his chest, then your ears. You knew that voice, and you knew you were fucked.

With a hard swallow, you opened your eyes and for the first time, looked up to be met with Semi's harsh glare from above. Embarrassingly, your arms were still tightly bound around his waist and once the realization hit, you pushed away, taking care to step over the crushed bag of chocolates and pick them up.