Chapter 7 - 🌺

After a ten minute boat ride, we make it to the private island, Motu Tane. Martin turns to us and smiles, "Here we are. The both of you are going to have an amazing time."

"Have you been here before?" I ask, suddenly curious if he has or not.

"No, not me." He shakes his head with a laugh. "I've only brought people here a couple of times before but I've never personally been on the island. I've heard great things about it though, and maybe someday I will explore it for a day."

I gaze out to the water and sigh, "Yeah, maybe."

Jake gets off of the boat and then holds out a hand to help me off also. I grab his hand in one of mine and place my other hand on his shoulder. He wraps his free arm around my waist and gets me down before releasing me completely.

"So, I'll be back here about an hour after sunset to pick you both up and take you back to the main island. Have a good time today." Martin says while giving us a wave.

I wave back at him, "Thank you so much."

He puts the boat in drive and slowly takes off while Jake and I start walking along the beach to the right side of the island. After getting to another part of the island, I point out the mountainous backdrop to Jake.

"This view is so beautiful." I tell him while looking at it in awe.

"You're right. It is." He calmly responds. I look to Jake, shocked by his response and I'm surprised to see him looking intently at me with no sign that he's joking.

The way that he's slowly moving towards me and how his gaze is focused on mine like a laser makes my knees buckle and my heartbeat speed up. I feel my face heating up as I mumble his name quietly, "Jake?"

"Mhmm?" He hums, still continuing to move towards me as if I'm a magnet and he's Iron.

A coconut falling from a tree right beside us makes me jump back and clear my throat, "We should, umm..."

"We should go look for the bungalow." He finishes off saying for me as he runs a hand down his face.

"Yeah..." I blink a few times and shake my head. "Come on."

After walking for a few minutes, we find the main bungalow which has two luxurious master suites. I stare at everything around me, mesmerized by the beauty of it all.

"Wow, can you believe how amazing all of this is? We each get our own king size bed, living area and bathroom." I tell him as I run my fingers along the soft cushions of the sectional couch.

Jake shrugs his shoulders looking disinterested in everything, "I have that at home anyways so it's not really anything new to me."

I roll my eyes at his remark and ask, "Why do you always have to ruin the moment for me?"

"I guess it's just what I'm good at." He responds before his phone rings in his pocket and he pulls it out, looking down at the caller ID.

"Oh, no." I grab his phone out of his hand and turn it off. "We're here to relax, remember?"

He narrows his eyes at me, "What do you think you're doing?"

"You said you would try to have fun while you're here. You can't try to have fun if your phone is constantly ringing and you're always answering it." I tell him in a duh tone.

"Alright, fine. I'll leave it off for the rest of the day but just give me my phone back." He says while holding his hand out.

I nod my head and pass it back to him, "Okay, now are you going to come with me to find the library?"