Chapter 8 - 🌺

Waking up the next morning in the arms of Jake, a smile starts making its way onto my face as I lay my head on his chest. His arms are wrapped securely around my body.

I tilt my head back to look at his face which is extremely calm compared to when he's wearing his cold expression. Memories of last night fill my mind as his grip around me gets a little bit tighter. How he took his time with me, memorizing every curve of my body as he held my hands above my head.

"Don't you know that it's rude to stare?" His deep, husky morning voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

I bite back a grin, "You stare at me all the time."

He opens his eyes and looks down at my face, "That's not true. I stare at you sometimes... not all the time."

"You still stare regardless." I respond with a low chuckle before rolling my eyes.

"Of course I still stare. Anyone with eyes would stare at you." He mumbles as he moves a strand of hair from my face.

A few seconds pass by in silence and I speak up again, "It's rude to stare, Jake."

He blinks and the corner of his lips tilt up in a smirk, "Well, I've been known to be a little bit rude at times so I can stare all I want." I shake my head with a small smile on my face as I make a move to get up but Jake pulls me back down. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I have to use the bathroom, Jake." I tell him, hoping that he'll let me go.

"Hold it in. I just want to lay here with you." He says, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

Heat rises up to my face and I remind him, "We have to go hiking today."

He moves his head back and raises an eyebrow in surprise, "You like hiking?"

"What, just because I'm a girl means I can't like going hiking?" I question, pushing myself off from him a little bit.

"No, it's just that most of the girls I've met would rather go shopping or get their hair and nails done instead." He says with furrowed brows.

I laugh at that and shake my head, "You need to meet new girls then."

He looks over my face before his eyes land on mine, "One's enough and I already met her."

I take a deep breath in and turn my face away from him, hoping he doesn't see me blush, "I really need to use the bathroom now, Jake."

He loosens his grip on me and I grab a robe before putting it on and getting up off of the bed. I hiss underneath my breath as a sharp pain shoots up my legs, making me sit back down on the bed.

"You alright?" Jake asks me, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah, it's just..." I pause and lower my voice in embarrassment. "It's been a while."

Jake stays quiet for a few seconds before getting up and moving to stand in front of me, "Here, let me help you." He picks me up bridal style and carries me to the bathroom, putting me down in front of the toilet before walking to the bathtub and filling it up with warm water. "You still want to go hiking today?"

"Umm, yes." I tell him in a duh tone, trying to quickly use the bathroom while he's busy with the bathtub. "I'm not going to let a little soreness stop me from climbing Mount Pahia."

I flush the toilet once I'm done and wash my hands. He shuts the water off after the bathtub fills and walks in front of me to take off my robe for me. I quickly place my hands over his, "No, it's okay. I got it."

"Kitty, I've already seen all of you last night and I'm going to see all of you over and over again." He tells me while putting my hands down. "Don't try to hide yourself from me."