𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬

[ iv

[ iv. the one with all the hangovers ]

september 25th, 1994

☕☕☕

SABRINA MUNOZ WOKE UP the next morning on Monica Geller's couch, feeling like she had been hit by a bus. Her whole body felt stiff and her head pounded like there was a jackhammer inside of it, determined to split her brain in two. Letting a quiet groan escape her cracked lips, Sabrina grimaced. The inside of her mouth tasted absolutely horrible, and her breath was even worse. Closing her eyes once more, Sabrina intended to ignore all that was wrong with her and hoped that sleep would take her again. But then she heard voices and she knew, right then and there, that any hope at slumber was gone.

Should she have expected any other outcome? Probably not. It was Monica's apartment, after all. It was never empty, and it was never quiet. That was just the way things went and Sabrina was no exception to any rule. She supposed she should just be grateful that she had a place to stay and be thankful that she had been allowed to sleep as long as she had. But right now, Sabrina was not one to look on the bright side. Right now, she was not feeling thankful for anything. All that she knew was that she was hungry. She was sick. She was irritable. And she was hungover.

Begrudgingly Sabrina slowly rose into a sitting position, holding her breath as the world turned in her vision slightly. Her stomach was not happy with her, whatsoever. Without looking around, Sabrina draped an arm over the back of the couch and turned, the blanket that had been covering her now falling to her lap. "Who has the honor of waking me up on this dreadful morning?" She questioned, her eyes still closed.

Beyond the darkness of her own eyelids Sabrina heard Chandler Bing's voice, loud and clear, from somewhere in front of her. "No sudden moves," He advised to whoever was with him. "Maybe she won't see us."

And then Sabrina's eyes snapped open. In front of her Chandler, Joey and Rachel were all gathered in the kitchen, the two boys seated at the table while the girl made coffee. "I don't need to see you. I hear you loud and clear," Sabrina sneered through gritted teeth.

Chandler scoffed while Rachel sent her an apologetic look with her hazel brown doe eyes. "Sorry, Sabrina," She murmured softly. "Do you want a cup of coffee?" Sabrina merely nodded, finding that the more she talked the more her head hurt. Pushing the tiny garbage can beside the couch out of her way, Sabrina stiffly clambered to her feet and went into the kitchen to sit in the spare seat at the table beside Joey.

Shockingly, even at what felt like the crack of dawn to Sabrina, Joey Tribbiani was still smirking. He always seemed to be sending his smirks in her direction, too. "You look pretty," He teased.

Sabrina's eyes narrowed at the cheeky Italian. "Bite me."

Not missing a beat, Joey rose a hand and motioned to the rat's nest atop her head. "I really like what you've done with your hair," He told her.