𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞

[ vi

[ vi. the one with the football phone  ]

october 10th, 1994

☕☕☕

"OH, MY GOD, YOU guys! You guys! Guess what! You'll never believe what happened!"

Sabrina Munoz was a frantic, maniacally grinning, wild woman as she excitedly pushed her way into the Central Perk coffeehouse and navigated her way over to where her group of friends sat in their regularly designated area. The young teacher was practically beaming, her arms waving around haphazardly, and was hardly able to contain her joy as she took a seat in the center of the orange couch, shoving her way into the small space between Monica and Chandler with an ecstatic yelp.

"The little people have risen up to take control of the government?!" Chandler gasped sarcastically, shoving a knuckle between his teeth.

"No," Sabrina retorted, "but the little people did do something else that's pretty amazing."

"Well, don't leave us hanging!" Monica chided in from her other side, nudging Sabrina excitedly. "What's going on?"

Sabrina was practically out of breath, having run all the way from the school that was located four blocks south, but she was nowhere near out of excitement. "All of my kids—and I mean all of them—aced their comprehension tests!" She cried.

Small cheers filled the room, each friend nearby giving praise to Sabrina's success. As Chandler clapped Sabrina on the shoulder, Joey's eyes widened with joy, and he reached across the coffee table to pat her knee. "That's awesome, Brina!" He cheered.

"Man, that's so great, Brina!" Ross congratulated from the opposite armchair.

"And, I mean, it's still only the beginning of the school year, but this is a great, great start," Sabrina gushed out happily. "Because I know exactly where to work and focus from here on out, and I know these kids can do it. I'm just so proud of them!" She let out another loud squeal and rose her hands to the sky. "I did that! I did this! I'm actually a good teacher, guys!"

"And we're so proud of you!" Monica cooed, pulling Sabrina in for a side-hug. "We all knew that you could do it."

Sabrina was so giddy with delight that she could not stop smiling. "Thanks, you guys," She sighed. "This all means so much to me."

And it truly did. For the past month and a half, Sabrina had been anxiously fretting over the approach of her students' comprehension tests. They were common for the fifth-grade curriculum, and they were expected by every teacher in every district, but that did not mean they were any less terrifying. She had done all that she could; she had studied every book, gone thoroughly over every approaching lesson, and had spoken with each individual student of hers, working through their strengths and weaknesses. She had learned the comprehension test inside and out without ever truly seeing it and now, finally, there was a calm in the storm. In only a short month and a half, what Sabrina had managed to teach had stuck. Now, there was much more to come.