prompt; you know we're meant to be

summary: colson confesses his love for y/n and it doesn't go as planned. excerpts used from a film, "chasing amy"
word count: 1,827
warnings: swearing

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N," Colson says as he drags my name out and stretches his large body over mine. I was lying comfortably on the couch until he sat down and decided to use me as his personal human pillow. 

"What do you want?" 

"I'm bored," He groans.   

"Wanna help me get ready for my date tonight?" 

"You've got a date?" He sits up properly.

"Yes? He's really nice and so hot oh my god," I put my hand on my forehead and pretend to faint. He smiles weakly.

"Where's he taking you?"

"I think we're going out to dinner at that nice Italian restaurant in the city and then we might do something after that, I'm not really sure."

"Noo! I wanted to take you to that restaurant." Colson whines. 

"I know but sometimes I need to put my sex life over my best friend hun. A girl wants a girl wants."

"You could just incorporate your best friend into your sex life," He winks. I slap him on the chest and chuckle at his stupid comment.

"Shut up," I laugh. "Help me choose what to wear?" 

"I guess," He follows me into my bedroom. I lay out two dresses on my bed, jeans paired with a nice shirt and multiple accessories. 

"So I was thinking this dress," I hold it up to show him as he sits on my desk chair. It's a short cream coloured dress that fits snug, showing off my curves and has a deep v-neck. "This dress," I hold up a deep red coloured dress that ends below my knees, it is also tight and has a v-neck but the straps are lace. 

"Or this shirt paired with my white jeans," I hold up a light rose gold button-up shirt that is a satin material. 

"I think I'd have to see them on to properly judge," He smirks. I shake my head but agree. 

"Turn around," I giggle. 

"I've known you since we were born Y/N," He rolls his eyes. 

"Still," I pout. He huffs and puts his hands over his eyes and turns around. I quickly take my shirt and pants off before finding a suitable bra and putting the first dress on.

"Okay, ready." He opens his eyes.

"Holy fucking shit," Colson breathes out. "You look stunning Y/N," 

"Thanks love," I laugh. "I don't think this is really the one though like he doesn't seem like the sort of guy who would appreciat-"

"I can't take it." Colson blurted out.

"Can't take what?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"I love you."

"I love you too silly!" I giggle.

"No. I love you," He puts his head in his hands. "More than friends," I stand there taken back, I never expected this from Colson.

"You love me," I repeat his words, mostly because I can't seem to comprehend what he said or maybe to make sure that's what he really said. 

"I love you. And not in a friendly way," He pauses. "Although I think we're great friends. And not in a misplaced affection, puppy-dog way," He pauses again. "Although I'm sure that's what you'll call it." I don't know what to say, I just look at him with an undoubtedly dishevelled appearance.