5. a-vu-rauge

It was the morning of the next day

It was the morning of the next day. After regrouping with the rest of the team yesterday, the eight had a rather normal evening. Currently, Merlin was in the downhill garden of the house, picking and placing carrots in a bucket. As he stood up after grabbing what he needed, he inhaled deeply and a peaceful smile came over his face as he reminisced about the almost-kiss he and Cinderella shared yesterday.

He could see a vision of her descending from the clouds and as he puckered his lips to kiss her, he was hit on the head by a carrot, courtesy of his current number one rival for the blonde's affections, Arthur.

"What was that for?"

"You sir, are sabotaging my relationship with Cinderella," Arthur responded with one hundred percent seriousness. "What relationship are you talking about?" 

Excalibur's ex-wielder then looked skyward proudly. "Cinderella and I share a secret. I won't tell you what it is but...it's a secret!"

"Well while your keeping secrets, I'm going to break my curse." Retorted the wizard.

"Your nothing without your spells, magic boy."

"And your nothing without Excalibur!" Merlin then gasped, realizing what this 'secret' might be. "Your not waiting for someone to pull it out for you. Are you?"

"How did you know?" Arthur cried as he grabbed his comrade by his collar. "Well is it true?" But before Arthur could respond, a net was thrown over them, no one in sight to save the pair.

*******

Meanwhile back at the house, Hans was hard at work in the kitchen, baking a sheet of doughnuts for Cinderella. After all, the way to a woman's heart was through her stomach.

Once he was finished, he brought the plate out to the girl of the hour, who was sitting on the sofa. "Ah, Hans! You shouldn't have!" She looked at the confections, her moth practically watering. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten a sweet.

"Something sweet for someone sweeter," the red-head replied as Cinderella took a bite out a blue-glazed doughnut, moaning at the taste as she chewed. "This is amazing!"

"Oh, it's nothing," he waved his hand at her. "Just let me know what you want. Anytime for the rest of your life. Do you like fondue?"

"Behold," the french accent of Jack cried as he came down the stairs into the living room. "Carved by the finest jewelers out of all the jewelers I know. Which is a lot." He then stopped in front of Cinderella and presented to her the single biggest diamond ring she had ever seen in her life. 

"Well this is another level of extreme," She inwardly snickered as Jack continued. "And it's yours, for absolutely nothing. Except maybe a kiss." At this attempt to charm her, the servant girl rolled her eyes playfully.  "That's very sweet and flattering Jack, but I can't accept it. I don't want any objects, just good intentions. Plus it would make me feel like I was scamming you."