8. a wish (a kiss)

Merlin rode through the night on the bunny's back, going as fast as possible towards the White Castle, the only thing on his mind being saving Cinderella

Merlin rode through the night on the bunny's back, going as fast as possible towards the White Castle, the only thing on his mind being saving Cinderella. Eventually the castle came into view, but only for the bunny to veer leftwards into the woods.

"Hey," Merlin yelled at his substitute steed. "Wait! Your running the wrong way. The castle's over there!"

This turned into a scream however as the bunny dove down the opening to a large well, landing with a large thud and Merlin practically standing on it's back, arms tense. Once the shock of falling wore out, the prince took the time to examine his surroundings as he dismounted the bunny, finding a doorway in the side wall illuminated by the moon.

Pushing the stone door open, he looked on with wariness as he stepped into it, turning around when he noticed the bunny trying to push inside. "Uh, sit," he told the creature before running up the stairwell.

*******

In another part of the castle, Regina's lair specifically, Cinderella was still unconscious and was tied to the withering remains of the tree her shoes ha come from. Suddenly a light sparked to life, the blonde stirring awake and looking up to find Regina standing smugly in front of her.

Cinderella was absolutely scared out of her wits, but non the less she put on a brave face to not show any weakness. She wouldn't give the witch the satisfaction of seeing her squirm.

"You know, from the minute I laid eyes on you, hon, I knew you were going to be a problem."

"What do you mean?" the blonde asked.

"Well if you really want to know, I'll have to clear a few things up for you. Tell me," she roughly grabbed the girl by her chin so they could lock eyes. "Do you know what these shoes do?"

Cinderella shook her head no, and the queen stepped back, releasing her hold on the girl's face. "You see, these shoes grow from magic trees and sprout red, and their magic allows the wearer to transform into whatever version of themselves they desire. The magic they posses actually reads the wants of the wearer and gives them what they desire, making it so the shoes can't be removed. That was the extent of it...until you took them for a spin."

"You see, my original plan was to use these shoes to regain my youth, but when they turned to glass a new...window opened so to speak. Apparently the magic of the shoes states that if the person who wears them holds no selfish desire they will turn into glass and gain the power to grant one. Single. Wish. And as for you, well if i'm being honest you've always been an obstacle. With your beauty, and smile, and goodness,"she gagged at the word, "You somehow always manged to outshine my looks, so really getting you out of the way is just a bonus."

Cinderella looked at the witch with a new horror, as in her eyes she saw the madness that had consumed her. "So that's your goal, get rid of me, wear the shoes and use the wish to make yourself young forever. It'll never work. I'll..."