Chapter 10

Reaper

(Warning: Portions of the chapter are rather dark)

'School. No, I can't go there,' he thought laying on the fluff-filled mat in on of the base's old storerooms. His legs were crossed as his fingers played with a piece of something he had found attached to his back after last night. It was blood covered and gooey like skin but also rigid like bone.

The door creaked open revealing Tasuke, who was simply grinning at the bleak look on the blonde's face. In his right hand was a limp body, a woman more accurately a female Ghoul." Miza wanted you to interrogate this one too," he commented stoically as the teen looked at him.

"Sure, leave her in the middle of the main room," Yato said coldly. This was the crooked part of himself that had been created through the past two weeks of agony, that ego that would destroy everything if told to do so. He stood up a bloody glue sticking to the mat's surface beneath him.' Apparently that wound from the quinque did not heal yet so it is true what they say,' he shrugged it off reaching over for a proper shirt from the wardrobe nearest to him.

He stood and removed the bloody tee shirt and pants throwing them aside. In their place, the fresh blue shirt was draped over his toned body and the pair of dark pants were lifted around his legs. Both feet slid carelessly into a pair of shoes as the robe draped on the wall swished from its hook.

The young Ghoul looked down beside his make-shift bed and grabbed the mask. Its white and black supposed to symbolize his potential to be the best of both sides of the coin, but at the moment the white was stained a bloody red. Almost like an executioner he placed both hands around the cool aluminum face and lowered it atop his own face. Both eyes went from blue to red, his body stirring to life with desire.

The door creaked open and he stepped out into the hollow room. On any side hidden in the shadows there were many members of the gang having seen this routine done tirelessly for days now. Yato rolled both shoulders and stepped towards the center sprouting his Rinkaku like a samurai drawing their blade. The young woman was slapped back to consciousness and forced to look up by Tasuke.

The family friend, of which Yato failed to even learn a name, turned away his green-blue hair shifting with him. This was the hardest part for him, a kid turned into a monster by a manipulator, of course this was above his rank so he was forced to deal with it.' Maybe you'll snap back outta it soon kid,' he sighed hearing the rustling of the white robe over the cool concrete.

"Are you a traitor?" the teenager asked coldly. His blonde hair rustled as the woman looked up at him. Her eyes were dripping tears and her arms lashed many times with whips or chains." Answer before I just flat-out kill you!" Yato roared making the Ghoul flinch. She tried to cover her eyes but fatigue had gotten to her and quickly made her body lose the will to do such.

"N-no! Of course not!" the woman snorted holding back tears. Yato only a few weeks ago would have had sympathy or even remorse for her but at the moment she was weak. Her body was pushed forward by Tasuke making her brown hair fall forward framing her face.

"Liar! Ask her again!" he slapped her savagely. It was blatantly clear that Tasuke believed that this woman was a traitor and Yato glared at her as such. Yato took a step forward red eyes hollow of emotion.

She cursed and spat as she looked away. Tasuke towered over her savagely, like a lion above its prey. His sinister eyes coiled as if they were snakes, he was pissed that she was willing to talk back to him." Get away from me creepy bastard!" the brunette roared her eyes remaining a calm brown hue.

"Answer again, are you a traitor?" he asked kagune aiming forward pointing at her throat. A bead of sweat rolled down her face, around her left cheek and to the floor with a small splashing noise that was amplified in the silence. Behind the mask Yato kept a straight face he had to keep emotion out of it or else there would be no answers.