Guest Of Honer

Today was the day I was going to make my mom and dad so happy.

Today was the royal ball, the day where all my mom and dads friends come over.It's also the day where I pulled my biggest prank, oh sorry I forgot to tell you that once a year we have a party during the middle of the year is not anything big just a normal party, swimming pool, lights, camera, action (I think it goes like that).

So while I'm going down stairs I'm already thinking of my plan.When I reach the bottom of the stairs I see one of the royal guards.

"Your highness your father is asking for you."

"Thanks Lamar oh and next time you plan on pairing me up with him I'm sending you straight to the dungeons." I say while walking away

"Oh Sofia I know u enjoyed his company!" he says while laughing

"Keep telling yourself that Lamar."

When I reach my dad's office I push open the doors and see my mom, dad and-

"Karter!"I say when I jump on him.

"Hey big sis"

"When did you get here do yo-"

"Karter John Arnold's sit your sister down this is no time for games." my mom says so I just quickly look around and my eyes lands on no other than James Hamilton so I quickly walk over to him while my parents are arguing with my brother.

"Hey" I say

"Hi I didn't know you had a brother." he says while we both look at my brother.

"Well there are things about you too that I don't know of...James."

"You know Sofia your one mysterious girl and I like mysterious." He says with a smirk.

"Oh James why choose the word mysterious when you should say something a little more with flare because you James Hamilton is one arrogant, handsome-did I just say handsome, I meant ugly."

"Oh I heard."He says while coming closer to my ear and Jezus did he smell good.

"Because you Sofia lea' Arnold's is mesmerizing, gorgeous and one beautiful gal." He says after kissing my cheeck my face got beetroot red.He pulls back when someone clears they throat.

"Are you guys done because you can do it in your room later but sadly for you guys it's time we talk business." After my dad said that I quickly walked to my brothers side and when I looked at him I saw that he was staring at James with a blank expression.

"Look, so today is the royal ball I need you all to follow my lead." my dad says.

"OK Karter since you back you can make sure that no uninvited guests come over."my brother nods and takes the sheets of papers from my dad's hands.

"James since this is your first ball with us I want you to make sure that all the guards are doing they jobs properly tonight." He nods and takes a few other sheets.

"And for Sofia, you know what your supposed to do and meet me an hour before the ball begins."My dad says while I nod.

"What is she going to do dad?"

"Nothing important my boy, you may all go."I quickly leave because I don't wanna hear karters questions and James's stupid smirk.When I reach the kitchen I quickly pour myself coffee and fast walk to my room.

"Sofia wait up."when I hear that I walk faster and nearly trip over the darn carpet but I quickly feel hands on my waist.

"Wait Sofia." He says quickly

"What do you want James."

"Look at me first." I quickly look at him but not directly at him.Then he takes my chin and lifts it up.

"Look I know I wasn't allowed to kiss you, I'm sorry." He says with a pout and boy did he look cute.

"James it's fine you don't have to apologize." I said that because I really actually needed the bathroom.

"Really then why you avoiding me."

"Because..."I say" Because I need the toilet. "

" I don't believe you Sofia. "after he said that I spilled, and boy was it a mess.

                      ****

"Are you okay James I didn't mean to spill that coffee on your jeans."I say outside the bathroom door.

"It's ok it wasn't even that hot!" he says while in the bathroom.

"Are you sure?" I ask when he gets out the bathroom,and I noticed he changed he's chlothes.

"I'm sure Sofia." He says while laughing.

"OK then since you okay I can leave." whilst Im walking away he grabs my wrist and turns me around.

"Can I ask you something?"He said

"Emm, yeah."

"Can we be friends." He said whilst smirking and I couldn't help smiling so wide,maybe he wasn't so bad.