I forgot gravity existed - Stephen

"You can't just lay there and not do anything. You're paying me for a reason you know." I said, turning around from my desk to look at Hosuh who was laying in my bed, playing a game on his phone. "Yeah, I can. Watch me, I'm doing it right now!" He answered, pausing the game to look at me. I wasn't impressed, and he turned onto his back instead of laying on his chest. "Besides, your bed is so comfy, and I love your weighted blanket.." He mumbled, pulling it over his body and tucking himself underneath it. "Don't you have an essay to write?" I asked, clicking my pencil against the desk in thought as he didn't answer my question.

"Hosuh.." I said, writing down the word I had been trying to find through the files inside of my head, and he still didn't answer. "Hosuh." I was now asking, turning around to look at his back facing me. "Hosuh! Don't ignore me!" I groaned, and in sync he groaned back. We continued to groan at each other, as though fighting. I knew how to win though, as I got up from my desk and left my pencil behind. I was now standing beside the bed, towering over him, and we were still groaning at one another with a glare on each of our faces."Taser!" I shouted, jabbing him right in the side with my fingers, which made him yelp. "Hey! Don't do that!"

I smiled and he wiggled away from me, so I did it again and he let out another noise of distress. "Fine! I'll do the fucking essay!" He shouted, getting up from my bed as he went to his computer bag which was laying by the door. "Stupid Mr. Johnson, making us do stupid essays for his stupid class for some stupid-" Hosuh mumbled to himself as I picked up my papers and stared at the completed work before me. It wasn't my best work, but I got it done.

"Right then, so what do you have to write your essay on?" I asked, now sitting down on the bed with him as we stared at his computer. "Well, it kind of has to be on things going on in our state- or around the world?" He asked, not actually knowing what he was supposed to be writing. "So, you think or you know?" I asked, feeling as though I was supposed to grab my computer and help, but he just stared at me fidgeting a little. "Okay where the hell is your rubric?" I asked. "I don't have one."

"What do you mean you don't have one, didn't they give you one in class?"
"No the kid passing them out kinda did this thing where she just threw the papers up and let them fall on us. She got in trouble though and she was taken out of the class and I just didn't pick one up-"
"Why?!"
"Because I didn't plan on doing it."
"Hosuh!"
"I know, I know- I'm a dumb bitch but I didn't think that you would make me do it-"
"I'm your tutor! Of course I'm going to make you do it, I'm your tutor after all, that's why you hired me, right?"

He blinked at me for a moment and I studied his face, about to ask something else but he cleared his throat. "I'm sure they just put it on the thingy online where you can check your work, don't worry about it Stephen, It'll be fine." He tried to ease, but now I was just a little ticked off with his attitude about the situation. I decided to not push it though, and instead just leaned on his shoulder and watched as he went to the site where he could check his work.

He ended up finding the rubric online, but we didn't say anything to one another about it as he started doing his research. He wrote down the websites he used, and I was a little taken aback to find out that he actually knew how to write an essay. The topic he had chosen was forest fires, and he was currently looking through the information he had gathered. He was obviously bored, but so was I. So I didn't care how bored he was.

"So.." He mumbled, fingers clicking the keys of his computer. I didn't answer and he glanced at me as though expecting me to say something. "What? You're the one who said something first. Go on." I encouraged as he looked away and his cheeks flushed slightly in embarrassment. "Well Dan's holding another party, and I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me? We had fun last time at the party, just hanging out and stuff.."