News Flash, I still hate girls - Hosuh

I sat in science class, clicking my tongue and day dreaming while the teacher attempted to take attendance. It wasn't actually our teacher, but instead it was some sort of new, young teacher. She was good looking, and a few of the students were obviously checking her out and eye-fucking her clothed body, but I couldn't care too much about that. I had other things on my mind, like due assignments that I had procrastinated on wayyyyy too long. I had to do them this class if no work was handed out, or at least get the work done quickly so I could move onto the social studies DBQ assignment. So many things to do, and the only reason I was doing it was to impress Stephen. Well, actually maybe it wasn't to impress him- but my father? No, not that either. I could care less what my father thought.  By now I was probably just making a cover for myself for the whole "study session" we did every day.

The poor soul- I mean substitute seemed to already be having a breakdown from the students. Our school was notoriously known for having horrible students, fights in the hallways, ventilation of the bathrooms, and whatever else you could think of. Sure, we had rules.. but nobody actually followed them. And the opposing threats that students received of getting kicked off the volley ball team or the football team were always empty but laced with venom. The coaches couldn't care less if you were failing your classes or passing with flying colors, because all they wanted was their players. I sighed, turning around in my seat to steal a look at Stephen who happened to be in the same class with me.. But instead of seeing his eyes focused on his work or tablet, they were staring straight into mine.

He sucked in a breath and quickly turned to the female who was happily sitting beside him, starting a conversation with her. Alesia, or something like that. A girl who I honestly envied for being Stephen's lab partner. Not that I would ever admit that to anybody. Especially not Stephen. He'd probably think poorly of me if I were jealous over something so minor, that he couldn't even control himself. She had long black hair, and 'cute' little dimples. She had freckles on her forehead, and today she was wearing something cute but kind of casual. She looked like every other girl here but a little more touched up with some simple earrings instead of the big hoops everybody was wearing, and some dumb hair clip. I didn't like her, simply because I knew that she was interested in Stephen. Stephen and I, but she never even talked to me so therefore she was a bitch. I exhaled as I turned back to my desk and glanced up at the clock. It was only 12 minutes into class and I was already feeling the stress of wanting it to be over.

I reached into my bag and pulled out my folder. It was drawn on with permanent marker, (which ended up getting smudged), and the plastic edges of it were torn a bit and cracked unevenly. I sighed and opened up to view the contents and stuck in my earbuds. The wires were over due, and it was covered in way to much duct tape, but I wasn't willing to give them up yet. Not until I had abused them to their full capacity. I turned on my music, and did my work. 

* * *

"Staring at me again, lover boy?" I asked with a smile as he lead me into the library by the arm. I wish he would just hold my hand, but then again this was school. And it was well known that he didn't like me, including a few of the other kids.. and he wanted to keep up that sort of reputation for some reason. Maybe because less people would mess with him. Not that he wouldn't be able to handle it of course! It was just a little freaky to see that side of him, seeing as normal students would comment him as an outcast and a little lonely, but if talked to he was always friendly and helpful. Brainiac, smart, tutor, mentor, all that really attractive stuff that girls would want as a friend zoned quality, but his looks made up for that- fuck. I'm rambling. I tend to get my thoughts all rambled up. He gave some short back-handed comment to my pet name, though I could see a rosy tint on his cheeks and I couldn't help but smile at it. Anyway, Stephen. Yeah, he could kick ass.