Prologue: This is Goodbye My Friends

Before you read this I want everyone to know that I DO NOT own Pokémon or any of the characters in this story. This is strictly for mine and everyone else's amusement. I hope you enjoy it!

Ash— 23 years old
Misty— 24 years old
Brock— 29 years old
Gary— 23 years old
Tracy— 26 years old
Iris— 22 years old
Cilan—28 years old.
Professor Oak— 68 years old
Delia— 40 years old
Lily— 25 years old
Daisy— 27 years old
Violet— 26 years old

Ash's POV:

'I can't believe I've lost another league. What am I doing wrong?' I thought to myself after losing to a trainer named Tobias in the quarter finals of the tournament.

Unova only added to the series of failures that I have experienced throughout my journey and didn't get me any closer to my dream of achieving the title of Pokémon Master.

'I just don't know what to do anymore. How am I supposed to become Pokémon Master when I can't even make it to the finals.' I sighed to myself and continued walking, Cilan and Iris following close behind.

Normal POV:

"Hey Cilan?" Iris asked, concerned for Ash's well being.

"What is it Iris?"

"I feel so bad for Ash. This isn't the first time he's lost a league. Do you think we should try to cheer him up?"

"I don't think there is much we can do Iris. Losing after all these years of traveling and training makes this loss an unbearable one to say the least."

They took a second to look toward Ash who was about 10 feet in front of them. He was staring straight at the ground, clearly distraught from the heartbreaking defeat. They kept walking for a while until, suddenly, Ash stopped.

He turned around and looked straight at Iris and Cilan, causing them to stop in their tracks. They noticed that he had a single tear running down his cheek. They started to try and cheer him up, but he stopped them. He sighed and finally said what was on his mind.

"I've been thinking and..." He paused. He knew this was going to hurt them, but Ash didn't know what to do anymore. He wanted this dream more than anything and he would do just about anything to achieve it. He sighed and continued, knowing that he was about to break his friends' hearts.

"I think it's about time I went out on my own for a while."

"What do you mean Ash?" Iris asked. Deep down she knew what he meant, but she didn't want to believe it.

"I think it's time I got all of the distractions out of my life and focused on my dream." Ash looked away from them. Though he felt that he needed to leave them behind, he didn't want to. He couldn't bear to look at them. He felt he didn't deserve them after what he just said.

"But why Ash?" Cilan was distraught. He has travelled with Ash for over a year and now he wants to end that without any warning?

"Because it's about time I accomplish something in my life." And with that he turned around and walked away, leaving Iris and Cilan to stand and watch as he abandoned his own friends to accomplish his dream. A dream that he has wanted to fulfill since the age of 10. A dream he has strived to accomplish for the past 6 years. The dream that he thought would make him happier than anything in the world. He will soon figure out, however, that there is more to life than being Pokémon Master.

Two Weeks Later:

Ash, Iris, and Cilan we're standing outside the train station draining down the time before Ash departs on his own.