Chapter 1: the Return Home

6 Years Later:

Ash's POV:

It has been 7 years since I last set foot in Kanto and 6 years since I've seen my friends and family. I've called and sent letters, of course, but as the years went by they became fewer and fewer in numbers.

As I stepped out of KIA (Kanto International Airport) I breathed in the Summer air and took in the sites.

"Man I've missed this place. What about you Pikachu?" I asked my longest and best poke-friend I've ever had.

"Pika pik pikachu pika pi chu." (I am so happy to back!)

I don't know how, but as our journey went on I learned to understand Pikachu and can make out everything he says. Professor Oak says that it might be telepathic and that it isn't impossible for Pokémon of different types to learn physic abilities, but to be honest I can't make out words. I still just hear "Pika Pika" like everyone else. It's just that I have been with him so long I guess you can say I learned the language without being able to speak it.

Just then I was thrown out of my thoughts by Pikachu jumping on my head.

Normal POV:

"Pika chu pi chu?" (you excited to see everyone?) Pikachu asked leaning down and hovering in front of Ash's face.

"Of course I'm excited to see them Pikachu. I just hope they remember me." I started to look toward the ground.

"Pika pi pi chu pikachu pi pika. Chu pik pika pik?" (Of course they remember you. Why wouldn't they?)

"I don't know Pikachu It's just been so long. Plus I haven't heard anything from them in months."

"Pika pik pik chu pika pikachu chu." (I promise you they haven't forgotten us Ash.) Pikachu said trying to reassure him.

"Thank you Pikachu. You've always been there for me and I can't thank you enough for that." Ash then brought Pikachu into a hug.

After sitting Pikachu on the ground Ash said, "all right Pikachu we don't have far till we get to Pallet. Let's get on the road."

And with that, they set off for Pallet Town and unbeknownst to Ash his life was about to change more drastically than becoming Pokémon Master ever could have.

And that's a rap. Sorry for it being so short. It was meant to be this way, but don't worry I plan on making all of the other chapters much longer than this. Once again just want to thank y'all for the support and I'll talk to y'all in the next one. Peace be with you young grasshoppers.