Chapter 4: It's Been a While

The next morning, Brock walked into Ash's room to wake him up so they could finish getting ready for the hangout that Brock has planned.

"Ash wake up." Brock says nudging his side.

No response.

"Ash last chance."

Still no response.

"Alright I can play this game." A smirk appears on his face.

Brock then reaches over to Pikachu and wakes him up.

"Pika pi pi chu?" (Why did you wake me?) Pikachu asked groggily.

"I'm trying to wake you both up so we're not late getting to the cafe for the hang out I planned." Brock explains, which immediately makes Pikachu excited.

"Pika Pikachu?" (What hang out?)

"Ohh that's right. I forgot you were asleep. Well it was going to be Misty, Gary, Tracey and I, but were going to surprise the other three with a visit from yours truly." Brock points to the sleeping Ash next to Pikachu.

"Pik pi Pik. Pikachu pi pik chu." (Don't worry. I got this one.) Pikachu says grinning from ear to ear.

Pikachu got on top of Ash's stomach and positioned himself to discharge a powerful thunderbolt.

"Pika...CHUUUUUUU!" Pikachu screams, while shocking Ash out of his sleep.

"Ahhhhhhh!" He yells in pain. "Okay, okay. I'm up, I'm up."

Ash gets out of bed and heads into the bathroom to change into his normal outfit.

When he comes back out of the bathroom, Brock notices that he is still wearing the same outfit he has been for years.

"Will you ever change up your style?" Brock asks.

"Why change it up if it works?" Ash snaps back with a grin.

"True." Brock roles his eyes. "Well we better get going. They are probably there by now." Brock pulls Ash out of the room and out of the gym towards a meeting Ash would surely enjoy.

30 Minutes Later:

Misty's POV:

"Where is Brock?" I ask worriedly. "He should be here by now."

"Don't worry about him. He's probably google-eyeing some hottie on the side of the street. He will be here." Gary responds.

I look towards the doorway. 'He hasn't done that since he's been with Lily though.' I think to myself, which makes me even more worried.

Just as I was about to turn back around, Brock walks in with a smile on his face.

"There you are!" Tracey exclaims.

"Where were you? We were getting worried." I exclaim.

"No, she was getting worried." Gary corrects me sarcastically, while I look back at him. "I knew you were fine Brock. What, were you sexually assaulting nurse joy?" Gary then starts snickering.