Chapter 7: Surprise!

Now after you read this I know what all of you Pokémon gurus will be saying. "But Tex, Ash never caught Greninja until Kalos and in your story Ash never went to Kalos until much later." I realize this and I've came up with a story behind how Ash got Greninja. I will explain this in a flashback later on. As for when Greninja left at the end of XY&Z, Ash and Greninja were never there for all of that to happen, so that solved itself. I'm also pretending that Ash didn't figure out about being the descendant of an Aura Guardian until much later. I've always theorized that ash being an Aura Guardian had something to do with Greninja being able to transform, so I thought I would bring that out in this chapter. Anyways I hope you enjoy the story and I'll talk to y'all at the end of the story.

1 Week After Previous Chapter's Events

Ash's POV:

"RING RING! RING RING! PHONE CALL! PHONE CALL!" The cellphone on the night stand next to my bed was going off. It woke Me up and in the process and I wasn't pleased.

'Who ever is calling me at 8 o'clock in the morning is about to have a rude awakening.' I thought to myself. I then picked up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked politely, even though I wanted to yell at the person on the other end of the line.

"Hello Ash. How are you this fine morning?" Professor Oak asked.

"Ohh hey Professor. I didnt know it was you. I'm doing fine." I knew that this wasn't true after what happened a week prior, but didn't want Professor Oak to pester me about it. "What about you Professor?" I asked.

"Well I'm doing fine. Thank you for asking. Excuse me Ash, but may I ask you a favor?"

"Sure Professor anything. What do you need?"

"Well I need someone to come down and watch the lab while I go and take a special package to Viridian. It won't take me long."

'Why is he asking me to do this?' I thought. 'Especially when he has multiple people at the lab that can do this for him.'

"Why don't you get Tracey to do it? Or why not Gary?" I asked.

"W-well you see, G-gary is gone from the lab right now and Tracey is on a date with his girlfriend so there is no one to do this for me." Professor Oak replies. "Please Ash it would mean a lot. Plus you could visit with your Pokémon. You haven't seen them in a long time."

This got me to thinking. 'Now that I get to thinking about it I haven't seen any of them since I left 6 years ago.'

When I left for Sinnoh, I not only left my friends and family behind, but I also left my Pokémon. The only Pokémon that I brought with me was Pikachu. the rest stayed behind at the Professor's lab.

This instantly got me excited. "Of course I will help you out Professor. Just give me an hour and I'll be there."

"Alrighty Ash. I'll be gone by the time you get here so I'll talk to you when I get back. Bye Ash."

"Bye Professor." And with that I hung up the phone and started to get ready for the day ahead.

1 Hour Later

Normal POV:

Ash and Pikachu made their way toward the lab and were standing in front of the entrance. They noticed all of the lights were off.

"Hey Pikachu you ready to go in?" Ash asked while looking at the Pikachu on his shoulder.

"Pika pi!" (Lets go!)