Chapter 5: I Told You I Would Keep My Promise

Iris POV:

"Ughhhhh! I just don't know what to get them babe." I exclaimed to my boyfriend Cilan.

"How about a new cooking set. I hear Brock is a connoisseur just like me." Cilan says in his usual overly cheery voice.

"You know that you sound gay when you talk like that right?" A smirk shoots across my face as I ask this.

"Well I didn't know you felt that way about how I talk honey. It's not my fault that I speak like a civilized human being." Then Cilan winked at me.

"Why you little!" I yell while pinching him in the side playfully. As I'm doing this Misty walks up and surprises us both.

Normal POV:

"Ohh hey Misty." Iris says, while continuing to pinch Cilan.

"Please stop her!"

"I have nothing to do with this. This is your problem not mine." She says harshly.

"Wow I see how it is." Cilan replies chuckling while grabbing Iris around the waste and picking her up off the ground.

"Alright I'll stop!" She screams, while trying to squirm out of his grip.

"You promise?"

"Yes I promise!"

"Well what brings you here Misty?" Cilan asks politely, while putting iris back down.

"What, I can't go to the mall on my own? If I recall this is a public area."

"You know what I meant." Cilan replies sharply.

"Well I just brought you guys a little surprise."

"What do you mean by a surprise?" Iris asks intrigued.

"Turn around." Misty states with a smirk on her face.

Cilan and Iris whip around and see a man in his early 20s looking at them with a smile. A Pikachu was perched on his shoulder and had his head cocked to the side. Then it clicked.

"Ash?" Iris asks, questioning if it's really him or not.

"I told you I would keep my promise."

"Pika pi!" (Were back!)

"Ash! Pikachu!" Both Iris and Cilan yell at the same time, while they rush in for a group hug that lasts forever.

Once the group hug ends Iris asks, "When did you and Pikachu get back?"

"Not to long ago. I stopped by my mom's and then left there for Pewter. I haven't seen everyone yet, but I've seen a good amount of them."

"Well I'm glad your back Ash." Cilan responds cheerfully, while rubbing Pikachu on the head.

"Chaaaaa!" Pikachu cooed.

"Well what are we just standing here for. Let's go to the park and catch up." Iris says before she takes off out the front doors of the mall and towards the lake in the middle of the park followed close behind by the rest of the gang.

Once outside, they sat on a bench that overlooked the lake and started to catch up on life, while Pikachu went to play with Iris and Cilan's Pokémon.

"So Cilan. I heard about you two getting together. Who asked who?" Ash was intrigued, but at the same time he had a feeling that he already knew who it was.

"I asked him." Iris said. "You know he's to big of a pansy to be the one to ask." She stated jokingly.

"Hey that's not true!"