Dinner at the Iidas

"Oh are you now? Only good things I hope!" I said cheerfully.

"Of course!" said a flustered Tenya.

"Tenya here was just telling me how you fought villains head-on at the USJ attack. He told me how brave you were. You know, I could always use someone brave around my agency. Maybe come internship time the both of you could come work with me for the week?" He handed me his card.

"Wow! what a generous offer Tensei! I will definitely consider it when it comes time. But right now, my focus is this sports festival. It is a big deal. I'm a little nervous."

"Based off how much Tenya talks about you, I have no doubts that you will do fantastic!" Tensei said with a smile. Man if Tenya was a little more like Tensei. Wow.

"How about you join us at the house for dinner! Mom and Dad would love to see you again! You can even bring Eraser!" He looked over to Tenya who was blushing madly. Why is he so flustered? We have been friends for so long. "Sure let me give him a call and see what he says."

I stepped away and dialed Uncle Shouta.

"Hachimitsu, why are you not home already? " I hear on the other end.

"Well that's sort of why I called. I forgot to tell you that I was training in Gym Gamma. Anyways, I was running home, and you'll never guess who I ran into?" I said back

"Get to the point Mitsu," he said unammused.

"I ran into Tensei and Tenya Iida. They asked if we could come to dinner with their family. You included. So what do you say?" I asked with a smile.

I heard a huge sigh. "You go ahead. I need time to recover. This is the first night I have been home since the incident. Tell them I send my best."

"I will be sure to tell them. I will text you when I'll be home. Love you."

"Be home by 11 Mitsu, Love you too."

I hung up and walked back over to the Iida boys. "He said he will have to send his best but he needs time to recover before going out and about yet. But I would love to come if the offer is still standing?" I said back. Thank goodness I have a change of clothes in my bag.

"I would greatly enjoy it if you came over," Tenya finally said.

"Just give me a moment to change. I'll run into this coffee shop really fast. Don't want to be in gym clothes when I see your parents for the first time in a while." I said ducking into the shop on my left. The Iida boys nodded and waited outside the shop for me.

_____ Tenya POV_____

We stood to wait for Hachimitsu in front of the cafe. "Brother, while I am grateful you asked her to join us, you could have asked me first!" I said assertively. "I mean no I'll will Tensei, but I would have liked for you to counsel with me first."

"Tenya, if I had asked you first she wouldn't be coming over. You like her right? You need to be more confident and loosen up a little. You are too tense. No girl is going to want to date you if you are so formal. Smile and laugh a little bit. Take this as a good thing. Maybe you can talk to her about how you feel? I am trying to help you out, little brother." he said calmly and a smile like he always did.

I wanted to be just like him. Maybe I did need to loosen up a bit. I just wasn't sure how. But around Hachi, I felt calm and all my insecurities melt away. "Shh Tensei! She could come out at any moment!" He was always so calm about these things. She can't know I like her until I tell her. It's the right way to do things. Maybe I can tell her tonight if things go well. Out came Hachi from the stop, radiant as always. She wore a pair of light washed jeans, they were accented by a pair of black ankle boots. She wore a cream-colored silk top with thin spaghetti straps. She had a colorful sheer cardigan on top that had sunflowers on it which worked perfectly to match her radiant golden eyes. Breathtaking as always. I would expect nothing less from her. I took a breath, I could feel myself getting flustered. I looked away not to stare. It's impolite.