Sports Festival Pt. 2

The first matchup was Midoriya against Hitoshi Shinso, That really intense guy with purple hair. Well maybe I can get a better handle on Midoriya's fighting style. I began to watch the match and It was looking like I wasn't going to get much information on Midoriya or Shinso. The only thing that I did learn was Shinso's quirk. So he can brainwash, that's a fantastic quirk. Must make physical challenges harder for him though. 

After that match finished Midoriya was named the winner. There was one more match in front of mine so I went into a waiting room to relax for a second and rest my eyes. I squeezed in a few eye drops into each eye and took a few deep breaths. I stretched out a bit and then headed for the waiting bay. When I arrived Shoto was was shivering and Sero was visibly distressed. I guess Shoto won. I shook it off and took a big breath of air. It was finally time for my match. 

I shook off all my nerves to the best to my ability. I walked into the arena with my head held high and my back straight. I felt a surge of confidence as Present Mic shouted "It's the golden-eyed beauty who stop you in your tracks, From class 1-A, Hachimitsu Teruhasi!" I rolled out my shoulders as Shiozaki came into the stadium to her own address from Present Mic. We looked at each other and nodded as Midnight called the match in session. 

Immediately, she sprung her vines at me. I looked at my boots and leaped I blinked and soared into the air missing her vines by a hair. As I jumped above her she shot her vines at me once again attempting to capture me. I dodged and grabbed her vines as I was almost behind her now. I pulled hard on her vines sending me towards her. I froze her in place as she tried to dodge. I made solid contact with her chest and left her frozen. until I landed safely on the ground. I blinked and sent her flying into the side of the arena walls. she was knocked out upon impact. "Shiozaki is out of bounds and knocked out! Teruhashi advances to the next round!" yelled I rushed over to my opponent to make sure she was alright. I may have gone a little overboard. I may be competitive but I'm not a monster. She was fine, nothing that recovery girl couldn't handle. 

After my match I went to find a snack stop, I grabbed a few things from the stop and headed for the stands. When I got to where my classmates were sitting I saw Deku, Tenya, and Uraraka sitting watching Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima. We are going to be here for a while. I scanned the section and saw everyone sitting with their normal groups. Only, I found Bakugo sitting by himself off to one corner, pouting.  I sat down next to him.  

"You're pouting you know," I say to him handing him a water bottle. 

"I am not," he said as he snatched the bottle from me. 

"Well it sure looks like it," I say with a chuckle. "This isn't about the Calvary battle is it? Look, I had to choose Shoto, it made the most sense with the teams and my quirk. Plus, we made it a point to not go after your team." 

He said nothing in return, he glared at me and got up walking towards the hallways. He turned to look at me, gesturing to follow him. I got up and walked over to him. I followed him into the hallway, he grumpily leaned against the wall keeping his eyes on me. We stood there for a moment totally alone in silence. 

"Are you going to say something or are you just going to stare at me?" I said slightly disgruntled. 

He said nothing in return, he walked over to where I was standing but kept going. He was so close to me causing me to put my back against the way. He put an arm above my head with his elbow down. He was towering over me, caging me in. SO CLOSE. I could feel myself getting flustered. "You like that Icyhot bastard don't you? Or is that damn nerd class rep? Don't tell me it's that useless Deku?" He said with a slight growl. I could feel the hot breath of his words on my neck. How entitled can he be!? 

I gave him a smirk. "That is none of your business, I'm not here to talk crushes like a schoolgirl. I'm here to win. What do you care anyway?" I slapped his arm down, giving myself some space. 

"Tch. I don't care." He said with a smirk. 

"Obviously you do, or you wouldn't have dragged me out here. Whatever the case, contrary to what you might think: I'm here to win, I'll do my best to take first place, even if that means taking you on Blasty." I said smacking his arm away from my space, taking control of the situation. I saw him look away, red on his cheeks. "Are we done here? Don't you have a match to prep for?" I said walking away without looking back. I cannot believe him. UGH! Who the hell does he think he is! God, why am I feeling so flustered? UGH. He is the worst. He is more hot and cold then Todoroki for goodness sake. This has to be some stupid mind game he's playing. 

I go back into the stands waiting for Bakugo and Uraraka's match to start. I sit down in between Deku and Tenya. That's so nice they saved me a seat. I looked around and saw them both entering arena. We watched the match unfold, Uraraka had a simple strategy that seemed to be a worthy idea. She ran in first keeping low to the ground. Bakugo threw an explosion at her tearing up the floor of the ring. She ran in again and again. The dust and smoke covering the truth of what was happening from Bakugo. She ran in a final time, releasing the chunks of the areas down on Bakugo. A strong effort, had it not been for the blowback of the blast she would have done it. But Bakugo was able to send off a massive blast dusting her efforts into gravel. She stood a final time attempting to continue. When she took off to run she collapsed. She was so noble. I'm sort of glad he didn't hold back. If he held back, it would have meant that he didn't see her strength or acknowledge her. Deku then reached over and grabbed my hand, he took off with me in two to go see Uraraka after we watched her being sent off to Recovery Girl. 

I grabbed Tenya's hand and the three of us were off to see Uraraka. We found her and when we arrived she greeted us with a close-eyed smile. When her eyes opened her face suddenly seemed worried or panicked I couldn't tell. Then I realized as I looked down Tenya had already let go of my hand. While Deku was still holding my hand, our fingers still interlaced. I scrambled for him to let go. "Oh my, I am so sorry! Yikes yikes yikes, I didn't mean to do that. I was holding both the boy's hands they grabbed mine and we rushed down to see you! GAAh sorry if that was weird." By then both Deku and I were beet red and scrambling away from one another. That was a total accident! I didn't mean anything by it! He grabbed my hand, I guess I should have said something. Gah, why do these things keep happening??

Uraraka and Deku began to converse as I looked over to Tenya. "Now that we know she is okay do you want to go with me to watch Midoriya's match against Todoroki?" I said smiling at him. "That sounds sublime," he said leading me out of the room. We made it back to the stands and watched this intense match unfold. There were moments I couldn't bear to watch, both Midoriya and Todoroki. They were screaming at each other but we couldn't make out what exactly they were saying. Either way, it was the match to beat. Midoriya truly threw caution to the wind, he broke his bones twice over fighting Todoroki. When the match wrapped a few of us rushed down to see him in Recovery Girl's office. There was an older man who looked as emaciated as could be, he was blond and had two locks of hair laying down, framing his face. Odd he seems rather familiar. I ignore this and we all approach Midoriya he was way out of it. Barely awake at all. Then we found out from Recovery Girl that he was going to need surgery we were all worried but we were ushered out of the room. 

I left to prepare for my next match, it was against Mina Ashido. We had faced off once before in the battle trials exercise but this was different. This was a full out battle in front of people who could make or break my career. Mina was going to be difficult in terms of dodging, she was hard to reach because of her smooth movements. 

Later, it was finally time for my match. I walked out of the loading bay, stretching one final time as I came out. We stood there facing one another unsure of who was going to make the first move. We nodded in agreement, then we dashed at each other. 

_______

1625 Words

Man this chapter was by far the hardest to write. I had to rework the matches for it to make sense which it still does. But wow the work for this one makes it so satisfying that its done.