Sports Festival Pt. 3

Ashido and I rushed at each other. I was running as she slid on her acid as she went to throw acid at me, I jumped with force into the air to dodge but she wouldn't let up. She threw as much acid as she could at me in the air. I dodged as best as I could but a small portion of acid burned through my uniform on my chest. I shed my jacket and twisted it into a spiral between my hands. I pulled it back making it into a whip of sorts. I waited for Mina to dash me again. She threw more acid in my direction as she charged me. I ducked and dodged while twisting my jacket tighter. I wait for the right moment as I duck right by Mina's ribcage, I pull back and release my jacket like a whip but right before impact I freeze and tap it in a quick swift motion. The hit lands on mina's side and it sends her flying across the ring almost out of bounds. Damn it, I should have hit harder. "Woah a creative blow ad use of her quirk from Teruhashi!" Present mic commented. I ran at her while she was still regaining her balance. She was grabbing her side, I take that back I may have hit too hard. Oh, well. Sorry, Mina. I ran at her at full speed. Just before I got to her I took a long-standing jump freezing my boots midair and blinked just as fast sending her in with a full force kick. I sent Mina flying out of bounds. She was fine this time. Not like my last opponent, who was unconscious by the end of our battle. "Ashido is out of bounds, Teruhashi advances to the next round!"

I ran over to her and helped her up. "That was a good fight, you gave me a run for my money Mina, you alright? Can I walk you to the nurse?" I said. She chuckled and nodded "Yeah it was a good fight, also yeah that'd be great." I put her arm over my shoulder and helped her to recovery girl. Mom always told me that being caring and compassionate was just as important as being powerful. When we arrived, Recovery Girl took her in and looked at my chest. I had a few burn marks on my chest where the acid had hit me. I had barely noticed over the adrenaline. Recovery Girl kissed my cheek and let me leave. I felt a little drained and decided a quick nap was my best option.

I went walking to find a waiting room. I messaged Uncle Shouta to text me who I was going to be up against next and when. I found a waiting room and put some eye drops in my eyes, laid my head down on the desk and fell fast asleep.

_Time Skip_

I was woken with two fingers to my forehead. When I looked up I found Tenya looking me up and down. He looked sort of wet like he had put on damp clothes from the dryer. When I sat up and wiped my eyes I looked over to Tenya. "You fight Bakugo next, in the next 20 minutes. I lost to Todoroki he caught me in a giant ice trap. He is unfreezing the ice now. There is going to be a small intermission. You have about 20 minutes to prepare."

Suddenly, I have never felt more awake in my life. I got up and started to stretch. Shit, I really hoped it wouldn't come to this, I don't want to do this. I was thinking hard about how I could beat him. He watched my last round so I don't know if the same strategy would work. Plus I'm best at close combat. I watched his battle against Uraraka, I knew this was going to be brutal.

That nap was helpful but only mildly refreshing at best. I wasn't truly refueled. I was just going to have to take a breath, chug some water and do my best. Okay, don't freak out, he is an aggressive fighter. All I have to do is try and string him along right? I mean all I really need to do is get in close and don't get blinded by his explosions. Easy.

As I walked out of the loading bay I was greeted once again by an even larger and cheering crowd. I was the first one outstanding on the concrete slab that was our ring. I was standing there breathing in the cool air. I looked up to the box where Uncle Shouta and Uncle Mic were sitting. I smiled and cleared my mind. Close contact, shield your eyes.

Finally, Bakugo came walking out from his tunnel, swinging his shoulders with confidence. Huh, I never noticed how his hair bounces when he's walking like that. Interesting. Is that a small smile I see on his face? Huh, Cocky.