O | P O R C E L A I N | KankuroxReader

21) in the Akatsuki, what color would you paint your nails?

Well...depends on my character- am I a sassy Akatsuki member? Bright red.

 Mellow and collected? Probably white. Cool and mysterious like Itachi- baby blue. 

So I would carry those three with me wherever I go...oh! And only on my natural nails, I don't like acrylics. 

What type of gang gang nails would you guys have? What color?

Also this one shot is less about the romance part but more of the bonding- sorry if it's not that good!

Any ways I thought I would add a trigger warning: this oneshot includes verbal and physical abuse. Please DO NOT read if you are sensitive to these matters!!! 

If any of you are in a situation where you are being abused- stay strong. If possible, reach out to someone you trust for help or call  1-800-799-SAFE for the domestic violence hotline in the US. There is hope out there. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Why should you continue going after your dreams?

Because seeing the look on the faces that said you couldn't....are priceless.

________________________________________________________________________________

You have always been a "weak" child. Your mother wanted you to stay that way, and wanted to keep you safe. She used to tell you, "fighting only makes your heart pitch black with not a bit of kindness and only an instinct to kill." Or maybe "your pretty face should never have to see the horrors of what shinobi do."

So why was it hard to follow her wisdom?

Your mother owned a well known clothing shop specifically for the weather in Suna. With only you guys, it was common for your mother and you to be working together in the store. At the age of fifteen, you were oblivious to what was to come. You've always been hidden from reality because of your mother goose. 

The door chimed opened to reveal a common customer; Matsuri and her family. "Hello Y/n!" she called out to you, your soft (hair type) moving as you looked over at her. You showed a kind, warmth filled smile to her as you waved at her.  

Indeed, you were a sight to remember. Most of the Suna's old relatives knew about you, and the families that were local. They always thought you were a happy child, without a care in the world. 

Matsuri seemed to be choosing a new outfit, one with loose cotton fabric and a scarf made from wool, and shorts that were thin. 

As her parents (and your own mom) talked from a table away, you were the one dealing with the outfit. 

"So, what's with the change of style?" you asked in a gentle voice, raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm going to train to become a shinobi! Every kid was offered special training by the Sand Siblings!" she told you, her eyes lighting up. 

After she payed, and her family left, your mind was humming with curiousity 

_.+._

The scents of the kitchen were strong, and your stomach grumbled quietly with acid waiting patiently. Until the table was set, and food was on the table, this was the time you and your mother talked.